•|Chapter 34|•

*if you didn't remember (m/n) is your mothers name*
Marks P.O.V

It was the day before Thanksgiving and I missed her like crazy. I wanted nothing other than to have her by my side. It had been a stressful month of waiting. I had actually started running on my own, and she was right. It did get easier. It was an amazing stress reliever when things with the channel seemed overwhelming. Then again, when things got to be too much, I'd call (y/n) and she'd never fail to put my mind in a better place.

I would occasionally see (m/n) by her mailbox, so I would talk with her sometimes. We talked about my 6 month lease on the house, and how it was almost up. (Y/n) came up in our conversations more than once.

I stood in the middle of the kitchen simply thinking of everything going on in my life up to this point. My mind bubbled over in excitement as the thoughts of (y/n) coming in town filled my head. My mother and I talked it over, and even though she said she'd miss me this time around, she's glad I have someone to spend the holiday with- someone I'm thankful for. She'd have Tom anyways, so she wasn't alone.

I slid my bare feet against the cold wooden floors to my room. I slipped on a t-shirt and found my way to my recording area. The camera was already situated, so I simply sat in my chair and clicked it on.

"Hello everybody! My name is Markiplier and Happy Thanksgiving! Now I understand, most of you probably don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I still wanted to say it because I'm beyond thankful for every single one of you."

...

I finished my video a bit later and preoccupied myself with editing it. After I finished, I set it to be uploaded tomorrow, and left my recording room.

Walking through the hallways reminded me of how empty the house was. Even in California my apartment felt livelier. I guess I was always a call away from the majority of my buddies. Except a few. I wondered how Jack was keeping up in Ireland. Or how Felix was doing. I made a mental note to call them later. It had been too long since I had spoken to them. My head kept finding its way back to (y/n) and how she was doing. She didn't seem to have any other complications since the day I left. Her shoulder should be fine by now. Out of her sling even. I don't remember talking to her about it the last time I called.

My feet made subtle noises as I paced back and forth up and down the hallway. I stopped in my room and picked some dirty clothes and loose papers off the floor before laying down on my bed. I decided to grab my phone and possibly answer some comments or tweet a little. It didn't hurt to be active for a bit.

Almost as if on que my phone started to buzz. I picked it up and unlocked the screen without even glancing at the caller ID.

"hello?"

"Hi Mark."

Her voice sent a rush of warmth up my spine.

"Hi (y/n)."

"How's the weather back in Omaha?"

"It's pretty chilly. How's California?"

"I wouldn't know." she replied

"Hm?"

"You should go outside. Really check the weather for me."

I could tell she was smiling when she said this, just in the way she talked.

"I already told you I mean it's probably like low sixties." I stated, but hopped off my bed and walked to my front door anyways.

I fixated my focus on the lock of my front door, trying to undo it with one hand. I gave up and placed the phone on the crevice between my ear and shoulder. My hand managed to finally unlock the deadbolt. I firmly pressed my hand against the wood of the door and pushed it open, preparing myself to face the weather.

Instead I was met with a small surprise. (Y/n). I paid no attention to my phone that slipped out of its place and onto the cement stairs. Full force, I ran towards her and engulfed her in a hug. I buried my face into her hair and took a deep breath.

"The weather is absolutely stunning." I laughed into her jacket.

Her arms were wrapped tightly around my neck, her face laying gently on my shoulder. She let out a soft giggle at my remark.

"You don't even know how much I've missed you." I whispered

"I missed you too Mark."

I set her back down on the ground and waited for her to re-situate herself. She tugged her beanie forward on her head and pulled the jacket closed around her torso. When she was finished she looked up at me with that bright smile of hers. It was dumb of me, but I couldn't help it.

I set my forehead on hers and stared into her eyes, silently begging all the while that she'd let me kiss her. Even if it was just a little peck. It had been so long, I had almost forgotten the feeling. And I missed it like crazy. Her smile faded and her eyes traveled down to my lips. I kept my eyes focused on hers. It seemed like the world around me was frozen in time. She slowly lifted her face upwards and planted her lips on mine. I fell into it and placed my hands on both sides of her jaw. Her lips were like something I've never felt before. Something changed. It was every kiss I'd ever wanted- ever dreamed of. Warmth radiated from her skin as she slowly pulled away. My lips followed hers. I paused a moment before initiating the second kiss. She smiled into it and loosely draped her arms around my neck. I felt myself smiling as well. The kiss felt so needed, so overdue. She pulled away again and glanced down at her feet nervously.

I had realized before, but I couldn't stop myself. I mentally cursed at the fact I practically threw myself at her. She had every right to be mad, even though it seemed that she enjoyed it. At least that's what I thought when she smiled. Maybe I was wrong.

"Mark?"

"I didn't mean t-" I started

"I think I'm done waiting."