I crossed my arms. "What's your point Kyron?"

"You lied to me." He spat. The nerve of him. I massaged my temples to let the anger dissolve. The one who cheated was calling me a liar. Was all this supposed to make me feel better about what he did?

"Why would you tell me the baby was dead?" He asked. "Why would you put me through shit like that?"

I rolled my eyes. Me, me, me. Was that all he could talk about? Did he not realize that this was only happening because of what he did? "Goodbye, Kyron." I walked away. Sadly he followed.

"Jazzy... baby, I'm sorry. It's just been so messed up lately. I miss you. I need you baby. Nothing seems right without you."

I checked the time on my phone. "I have places to go to."

"Can we at least talk?"

"Talk then."

"I mean somewhere alone." He suggested.

One thing I have learned while growing up was that you never go off alone with people you did not know or trust.

I did not know him.

I did not trust him.

I scoffed and picked up my pace. "Your loss then."

"I've been doing a lot of thinking, I can't seem to forgive myself unless you do baby. I want you to come back home Jazzy. Bring my family back. I want to take care of you and our baby. I love you and I am sorry for everything."

Ignore him. He was wasting my precious window shopping time. I could have bought a cute pair of shoes and a dress by now.

"Jazzy look at me please." He begged. "It was wrong and I am so sorry."

I stopped again and turned to face him. "Well," I leaned my head to the side and looked into those lying brown eyes of his. "You shoulda thought about all that before you gave what was mine, to another woman."

He grabbed onto my hand and I pulled it away. He lost all right to touch me five months ago.

"I made a terrible mistake babe... I just want to make it up to you... Please come back home and both you and my baby would never have to worry about anything." His said. His eyes were getting glossy. His allergies must have been acting up.

That apology did not match his voice even if he almost sounded sincere. Which almost made me want to believe him. Almost made me want to say yes. Almost made me want to forget what he did and move on for the sake of our baby. Almost is never enough though. Breathe Jasarie. He did not mean any of it.

"Please baby, come home you and my baby... I love you jazzy."

I did not need this. We did not need his false hope. Who was he trying to fool? Not this woman. He might as well plea the rest of his demands and half-ass apologies to the town vagrants. I had no particular interest in hearing them any longer.

I took a step back. He called my baby his. This man was unbelievable. "Your baby?" I scoffed. "Sorry to break it to you but your baby died five months ago, when your little play toy tried to kill us, it died along with our marriage and future. This child is not yours and will never come face to face with a dog like you."

"Is this what you want for our baby?" He stepped closer to me.

How dare he! What right did he have to be calling this baby 'our' baby? I was the pregnant one. I was the one preparing to raise this baby. What did he mean by 'our'?

"My baby does not need you."

"You don't mean that Jazzy." He Stated.

"You know me better than that Kyron."

"Please, I am begging babe, it was just a mistake, I am sorry." He cried. "Why won't you just listen to me." He added. "I'm sorry."

Sorry, was that all he had to say. Oh Sorry, it was a mistake, let's move on now, shall we. Well Sorry. I did not want to. It pleased me now that I did not act on my desperation to jump into his arms. It looked much better on him. I want to believe this was the truth but there was something different about him. I could not place it but my gut was telling me not to trust him. How could I? He cheated, my baby died.

He had to learn that he could not fix everything with sorry. The world did not work like that. Forgetting to wash the dishes or stepping on someone's toes were the things you said sorry for. Not this, not for what he did to me. He had to suffer. He had to know. He had to lose something like I did.

"Sorry?" I pulled the wedding bands off my finger. "This was the mistake." I dropped the rings at his feet. "Sorry."

Jasmyne was right, I should have just gone home. I walked away and he did not follow this time. With my day in ruins, I headed home. Finding my favourite pillow and melting onto it.

***

Jasmyne found me drowning in my tears when she arrived. I had hoped to recompose before she arrived. I did not want her to see me like this anymore. I tried my best to hide it from her for the last few months and it has worked until now.

"Jasarie?" She knelt beside me. "What's going on?"

I looked at her, tears in my eyes. "What am I supposed to do?"

"I still want him, I still need him... I still love him." I cried. "What happens to us now?"

I still loved him. I realized it the moment he touched my hand today. The tingle of his touch had me wanting more. It had me believing I could look past it all. That we could go back to normal. Before the other woman showed up. What did she have that I did not? What did he want from her that I could not give to him? I did everything to please him. We were good, we were happy. Why were we placed in this situation? Just why did I have to love him so much?

Jasmyne pulled me into her arms and started crying with me. She had been trying to get me to talk about this for weeks. I just wanted to be strong. Prove to myself that he was no longer of any importance to me. That was impossible I was his wife and the mother of his unborn baby. There was a rocky road ahead and I was not looking forward to taking its path.

**********************

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Kyron has got to work on his half ass apologies. Then again he could just be doing it for half-ass .....Or maybe he still loves Jasarie. Who knows?

Vote, comment, enjoy :)