When I said I do

"Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, honour him, comfort and keep him in sickness and health, for rich or poor, forsaking all others, till death do you part?"

The moment, it felt so serene. I was at peace. Giddy even. This was the right thing. Qqq shut. Planting doubt and worry within your mind. 'Should I have said that? Should I be doing this?' Why am I doing this?'

Second thoughts were so crude at times. Nevertheless when I said those words, those vows, I had no second thoughts. My paranoia was dormant and the anxiety was not skyrocketing out of control. I was calm and in the right state of mind.

I said all the right things at the right time. Without being blinded or misguided. No one rushed or forced me. Everything happened the way it should. By course of nature. Like it should be.

************

Was I wrong? No. Was I that blind? Yes. Did he lie to me then? I had no idea. Where did it begin? Why did it begin? My vows, our vows meant forever so what went wrong?

Beep beep, beep beep, beep beep.

"Sounds like one healthy baby." Dr Hayden smiled.

I listened to the fluttering heartbeat of my little lifeline. So soothing. I smiled as well. I would be lost without this little miracle right now.

"All vitals are good, your weight gain is excellent as well as the baby's."

I nodded not wanting to disturb the heartbeat. I could listen to this forever.

"You two are very lucky considering the circumstances that took place earlier."

Indeed we were. "Thanks, doc."

"Keep up with the exercising and good eating." She warned.

I was living with my sister, she never let me eat anything but healthy. "I will."

******************

I decided to take a walk around town instead of going home as Jasmyne instructed. It was early and I had not been out in a while. I was tired of being cooped up in my sister's mansion. It was time for me to window shop, spend some money on what may turn out to be crap later, and maybe bump into some of my friends. Living through social media was not good enough for me. I needed to remember what the real world looked, felt, and smelt like.

I got hungry after five minutes of walking. Due to the prior hour, I spent at the clinic waiting for the doctor and my feed me ten times a day baby. I stopped by my favourite pizza place and got some pepperoni pizza. How I missed all this cheesy goodness. After eating a few slices and browsing on free WiFi I decided to get back to my carefree window shopping.

"Jasarie?" Someone called a few seconds after I left Pizza palace. The thing about running into people you know is that it could be anyone. Even the one you have been avoiding for five months.

"Jazzy wait, is that you?"

I should have just kept on walking. There was no reason for me to do otherwise. Being nice Jasarie, I stopped and turned around to face him. The urge to run into his arms overwhelmed me. I took a deep breath. No Jasarie. Control yourself. You do not need that piece of scum.

His eyes widened with disbelief as he stared and gaped at my stomach. "Oh god, Jazzy ...... holy .....you....what the ... how... you're still pregnant."

I turned to leave. Why did I even bother to stop?

"Jazzy wait, please, I'm sorry. It's just that everyone said the baby was gone. I'm a little shocked. what do you expect?"