It pained my heart to think that our child may not have a father to look up to. Shared custody was not my intention. I did not want to subject this baby or myself to such torture.

Neither did I want him to be absent in the baby's life. Even if it was my decision to make. How could I become so selfish toward my child? Why did he have to cheat?

The front door opened and my little niece Jodie came running and screaming towards me.

"Auntie, auntie... I missed you today!" She jumped onto my lap and hugged me. She was a miniature version of Jasmyne. Loud, proud, and bold.

"I missed you to love."

She began fishing through her bag pack. "Look I made a macaloni necklace and a picture."

I smiled at her cute pronunciation of macaroni. She was just so adorable. "Aww, how pretty."

She grinned. "I use the pretty glitter. And it's colour."

My other niece Allie appeared. "Hi, aunty."

"Hey sweetie, how was school?"

She handed me a piece of paper. It was her spelling test. She had all the words spelt correctly. Last week she got only three words wrong. Jodie placed a sticker on it. "Wow, good job A-bear."

"I'm in the spelling B competition, you have to help me practice please, please, please."

How could I say no to that? "Of course I will."

"Yay." She squealed and spun around. "Thank you, aunty."

"Thank you, auntie." Jodie kissed me on the cheek.

"Come on Jo let's go change." With that, they ran off to their rooms. Jasmyne appeared a few seconds later. She was talking on her phone. I swear that was all she ever did. Mornings, evenings, and nights. I bet she sleeps with it right under her ear. No wonder we were sisters.

She sighed and dropped her bags. The conversation did not look too pleasant. No doubt she was talking to Kyron. "Look I gotta go."

"She's not your concern right now." She grumbled in annoyance.

"Goodbye." She growled and ended the call.

She should have just changed her number as I did. Kyron was calling her nonstop, not that it mattered to me but I was certain it was tempting Jasmyne to smash her phone then set it on fire.

She smiled and walked toward me. "Hey."

I grinned waiting for her to notice the ice cream bowl next to me.

"Hmmm, every day you look a little more like fat Albert. Don't say I didn't warn you." She took the bowl and headed to the kitchen.

"You're the one who keeps buying it." I retorted.

"Stay out of my fridge Jasarie."

"Not a chance." I laughed walking into the kitchen.

She pulled something out of her purse and threw it at me. I opened the bag and pulled out the cutest little onesie. My heart melted as I read its writing. Mommy's little heartbeat. I smiled. It was only a matter of time now before she went off shopping like crazy for baby stuff.

She got so excited when she had found out about the baby. I had sunken into a depression and she hated that. She knew that the baby gave me hope and she has been doing everything she could think of to keep my spirits lifted.

"I just had to get it when I laid my eyes on it."

She would start buying by the truckloads soon. She would be keeping me off my feet on purpose but I was not going to complain. I was fine with staying home and getting fat all day long.

Even my boss did not want me to work. After he heard about the accident, miscarriage, and surprise baby he demanded that I stayed at home. Jasmyne told him that my doctor said was I not supposed to work under too much stress. I guess I was too delicate in his eyes. How hard was it to manage a resort? So now, here I was on paid vacation eating all of my big sister's sweet treats.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "You made cinnamon rolls."

"For Jodie and Allie."

"Hmmm." She said she did a quick mental count. "How much did you eat?"

"About three." An entire batch. "I wasn't checking," I answered while looking down at my nails.

She pointed her finger at me. "Fat Albert."

"I love you too Jasmyne." I grinned blowing her a kiss.

****************************** I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Whoo-hoo Jasarie is back on the road to motherhood. Looks like the bad luck streak has been lifted. Finally.

Comment

Vote

Stay tuned for more.