Chapter 4

"Are you serious?!" they both yell and I nod fiercely.

"You're so luckyyyyyy!" Liza screams and I giggle.

*Announcer*
We are now boarding flight 479 to Vermont

I look at my friends and smile. "Cmon.. walk me there"

We all walk to the boarding gate and they both hugged me "we will see you on Monday!" I smile

"Of course!" I sigh "I'll miss you guys..." I walk onto the plane and I sit in my seat.

I put my phone on airplane mode until I could listen to music and plugged my earphones in.

*After flight*

I walk off the plane and head to the escalators and go down them.

I reach the bottom and see Christina, Eli, my mom, and him.

I feel tears brim my eyes and I see my mom already crying so I can't hold them in anymore.

I run down the rest of the escalators crying and run into my moms arms hugging her tightly. "I missed you so much.." she whispered and I couldn't even reply because I'm crying so much.

We let go and I hug my brother Eli who's 9 so he's shorter but not by much. He's crying too but only a little bit.

I turn my head after we let go and I see Christina and I smile so big and hug her tightly. "I can't believe I'm back..." I whisper.

We let go and we all walk out. "D&B's?" Christina smirked and I smiled hugely and looked at my mom "PLEASE" we both yell and my mom laughs "fine but only because you're back Emily"

YAY I LOVE DAVE AND BUSTERS!!!

Me and Christina high five and we all jump into my mom's tahoe.

I call shot gun and make him sit in the back with Christina and Eli.

I turn on XM radio to "Venus" station and I jame out to the song "Low" By Flo Rida.

I giggle.

*Dave & Busters*

"Can we eat then play?" I ask and my mom nods.

I end up ordering 12 honey bbq wings and share them with Christina. But I order my own curly fries 😍

I eat really quick then run out to play all the arcade games.

I play Beer Pong (yes that really is a game there but not actually beer pong) and I dominate hehe.

I then play Subway Surfer and I was on a roll & it just ends saying if I wanted to start from where I ended I need to swipe my card. "BUT I DIDNT EVEN DIE YOU HOE! I WAS DOING GOOD DAMN IT" I yell at the machine and my mom coughs awkwardly and my face turns bright red.

"Sorry.." I whisper

*At home*

I jump out of the car and stand in front of the front door and I smile widely. Tears brim my eyes.

"I'm home..." I whisper and walk inside my old house slowly and smile. I stand there looking around at the similarities and differences of the house and Christina wraps her arms around me hugging me.

"I'm so glad your back" she says and I look at the picture frame on the wall and stare at it.

I see Mom, Eli, Christina, and him in the picture and I look at Christina.

"He ruined everything....." I whisper and she says, "No Emmy... your mom did. I'm sorry I am. I didn't like it for a while either.. but they're happy Emmy.."

I sigh and turn my head to see my mom and him talking in the kitchen.

I sit on the couch and thoughts float through my head.

My mom cheated on my dad with Christina's dad and turns out Eli is his child and not my dad's.. They got divorced. Christina and I got into a huge fight before I moved because she apparently knew the whole time and didn't tell me. But as I sit here and look at my mom and Jack... They're happy. And my dad is happy back in Texas with his girlfriend.

it's time to move on Emmy.. plus jack did send you multiple letters that you threw away.

I smile after thinking those thoughts. I walk to the kitchen and hug Jack.

He's taken off guard and hugs me back.

I look up at him "wanna go out for some ice cream?" and he smiles and nods.

"wanna drive her?" he smirks referring to his police Tahoe. and I smirk "duh!"

I giggle and grab the keys and run out to his cop truck and jump in the driver seat smiling widely.

*At ice cream place*

"Ummmm I want an Oreo milkshake please!" I smile and sit down at a table.

Jack orders and comes and sits by me.

I look at him and he smiles.

"Thank you" I say softly.

"for what?" he asks.

"for making my mom happy. Keeping her safe. And Eli safe. And Christina safe." I smile and they bring my milkshake and his ice cream.

I drink my milkshake.

Jack says "Emily.. thank you for finally coming around to me"

I smile.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi guys! Sorry I try to update on the weekends but I was busy this weekend.

I will try to update Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and once a weekend.

Thank you for reading!

It'll get better I promise.