What Changed Cassie Gates? - Chapter 7 - The Mall

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have been very busy reading for 6th form next year as I have been given some massive reading list. I will try to upload more frequently, but I can't make any promises. Anyway, this is chapter 7 and about Casey's trip to the mall with her new "friends". I hope you like it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 - The Mall

Things at school weren’t as crazy as yesterday, but people were still talking about me. I got some congratulations and a few people saying that they wish they’d seen it, but not nearly as many as yesterday. I was relieved, however, because I couldn’t really take everyday of school being so overwhelming. I didn’t see Ethan at all. I was glad though because I hadn’t called him last night. I wish I could say that I didn’t ring him to keep him waiting, but, in fact, I just forgot. Lessons were dull, as usual, and extremely slow. Eventually, the final bell rang after what felt like a very long day, probably because I was still used to not doing anything in summer. I had a load of homework too, so I was probably going to be up very late tonight. I don’t know why teachers insist on giving you so much homework at the beginning of the semester, its like they’re punishing you for having a good break.

When the bell rang I headed to Jen’s locker to take her to meet Dave. Alison walked past and stopped to chat briefly.

“Aren’t you going to Alex’s car now?” Alison enquired.

“Not yet I’m waiting to speak to Jen.”

“Why?”

“Dave is going to give her a ride home.”

“He is? So does that mean he’s like here?” Why did I tell her that?

“Erm, I don’t know if he’s here yet…” Before I’d even finished my sentence, Alison interrupted.

“Can I meet him?” Allie smiled sweetly, trying to convince me, but I knew that she wanted some sort of gossip because her eyes had widened.

“I don’t know, Allie…”

“Oh come on. What are you afraid of?”

“Ok, I guess you could meet him, but don’t expect him to be very talkative.” I laughed, although this was true. Dave didn’t like to meet new people, especially not people like Alison Myers.

“Great, I’ll come with you and Jen.” She smirked, looking very happy with herself.

“Hey Casey.” Jen said. “Thanks so much for organizing this. It’s really nice of you.” She smiled and then she saw Alison standing next to me. Her smile dropped slightly because she was obviously still upset with Allie for bailing on her. “Hey Allie.” She said abruptly.

“Hey Jen. So do you want to hurry up, I don’t want to be late.” Allie replied.

“Late?” Jen said, looking confused.

“Yeah, Casey asked me to meet Dave,” Alison lied, “but I don’t want to be late for the mall.” It was like she was trying to make Jen jealous. I thought they were supposed to be friends. Some friendship, huh?

“I’m sure Alex will wait.” I said trying to lighten the mood. Jen opened her locker and began to shove books into her bag.

“It’s ok.” Jen said. “I’m ready now anyway.”

“Great!” Alison said, clearly dying to go and see Dave. “Shall we go then?”

We nodded and headed for the parking lot.