Chapter 9

The banging of the gun is all I hear until ... I shoot up hearing voices around me , I'm still a little bit groggy from everything , but I can see clearly well enough , that there are faces staring at me , I hear my mother say " my poor pumpkin she looks so lost and pale , I groan , everyone is saying things , giving me get well soon cards and flowers , but one voice strikes me the most , a voice I shouldn't be hearing , it couldn't be , I mumbled , my mum looked worried " what's that you saying pumpkin?" I nod of and close my eyes , my vision still blurry , the voice comes forward and picks me up , holding me close , I nestle my head in to a strong shoulder , that supports my weight , it's shawn... he isn't dead , I look up and his face is so handsome making me want to kiss those lovely lips , I try to say something but no words come out , tears stream down my cheeks , he looks worried , I gabble out to everyone about what had happened , everybody , is shocked angry and hurt , my mum comes to sit next to me , talking about the company which took me away , I couldn't remember anything , " your safe now darling we are all here for you it was just a dream " I shake my head and shut my eyes , an hour later I'm aloud to go home , my parents pick me up and put me in the car , my sister leaps on to me and tells me his worried she was ...

Later on , " Kirsty are u awake " I slowly open my eyes and my sister is lying down next to me , I grunt and sit up , mum is holding baby Alfie in her arms rocking him to sleep , my dad has crouched down by my bed , running his hand over my head , I sense something wrong , I push his hand away , my parents give each other worried looks and blurt out that shawn has gone missing and his sister is dead , " no this can't be real " but it was , after that my life turned in to a blur and I cried for days , weeks , months until I made my self to ill , my mum and dad took me to the doctors , I couldn't stop thinking about him and her , my best friends ...

A year on , I'm 15 now , I have just been to Kiera's funeral , nobody have found shawn ,which is strange how could he just go missing like that , I have given up really , I need a letter to confirm that he is dead , then I can put a personal message and decide the preparations , a week later and SHAWNs mum and dad came to my house , they gave me the letter ," we found him on the side of the road and a letter in his hand we've got u " they wiped there tears away and went home , Catherine is pregnant again with a boy and a girl this time ( she's moved on pretty quick), i opened the last letter I will ever get , taking a few deep breaths I read ....
My mum delivered the letter through the post , the day after , the company have got what they wanted ( shawn ) I haven't received any more letters because it's ended no more tourture , I still haven't got it back , but I know in my heart where my best friends belong , with me , I buried kiara and shawn together in the church down the road , I just have to wait for the letter , if it ever comes ....