Chapter 3

I wake up , the bright lights of the city , make me alert , I quickly run to the doors , the train is speeding as fast as a lightning strike, the houses flow past in a blur , the train stops at the next station under a train tube , I run out looking for maps asking directions, I spot a person waving to me , wait a minute is that ... I run to them and enclose in there wide arms my auntie hugs me , all my other family surrounded me asking questions , I finally blurt out everything, when I'm done I notice everyone is quiet  , there was no noise , one of my sisters Emily breaks the silence and , cries " oh u poor thing , sometimes your parents don't treat u fairly, but we must tell your parents u are here , otherwise they will get worried , she walks over to the phone to dial the number , when my parents are already calling , just then the doorbell rings , and a Handsome   boy walks in with a girl next to him holding his hand , it's obvious there going out , I turn away , when I look back, the boy looks at me and smiles , he melts my heart , my parents are wanting to speak to me , I say no I don't want to talk to them , finally my parents give up and end the call , I'm told I'm going to sleep in one of the spare attic rooms I walk upstairs listening to people talk , a string of spider silk web is hanging on the roof dangling in mid air , as if the spider is looking for his prey , my bed has silk sheets and soft pillows the curtains are draped across the windows , blotting out any light , i push the curtains away and slide open the window , leaning out I take a deep gasp of air , the cars whizzing by over the long roads , the smell of petrol and fuel shoot, up my nostrils making me choke , I quickly shut the window , sigh and sit down this was going to be a long night .

I had a nightmare , I went downstairs to get a drink of water , and I found the letter right beside me , In the morning, I woke  up screaming , as I did so , I found out my throat was very sore , I sat up , one of my sisters ( Lucy) layed a tray on my lap , the waft of the fresh nutty bread filled my nostrils making me hungrier by the minute, there was a pot of tea and a bag of sugar , with milk beside it , I poured the tea in to my cup and started eating, I thanked Lucy she smiled and went downstairs, followed by her was my auntie, she said there was a special person at the door , it was the boy , I dropped my toast , wiped my chin making sure there were no crumbs and I jumped out of bed , hurrying to put my clothes on , I heard him coming up , I quickly brushed ,my hair separating the sides to plait it , my hair curled around my waist , I finally made my bed , lining the sheets together to spread  out on my duvet , I turn around fluffing up my pillows, and I walk down stairs when I see him smiling at me , i smile back at him , my auntie, leaves us , I open the window once again and lean out , this time he is beside me , his blonde hair blowing in the breeze, I'm about to talk when he reaches out and curles his fingers around my hands , I pull away , I don't want him to think I don't like him , it's just he has a girlfriend, just then his girlfriend wonders through the door seeing him next to me , I see her mouth open wide in shock , after a minute her mouth closes and a grin formes on her lips , she runs over hugging me and him saying we would be a great couple she then takes pics to send to her friends she shows me the words underneath, it's says FINALLY MY BROTHER GOT A GIRLFRIEND!!!!! Now it made sense , the girl is his sister and he was holding her hand to protect her , I'm happy , I feel all butterflyfish inside when he  takes my hand and runs his fingers over my blonde curly plait he reaches down to the string of hair above my patterned skirt , I flinch unsure if I want him to go this far , after all' I'm only 14 , he must be 15-16 years old , he looks quite grown up in his blue jeans , his facial hair shows under his belt , his shirt is over his broad shoulders, I tell him to wait for me , I clip a flower  in to my hair , I leave with him and his sister closing the window , making our way to the park ,for once my life , is how I want it to be .