Chapter 8

Mum is taken in to labor, the week after , she is giving birth right now , that's why I'm at home just blending some more soup and making batches of bread for her ,Daisy is lying in her bed , not feeling to good , so I leave her and  head to the bus station down the road and ask if I can be dropped to the hospital he smiles and nods , I then rush back home as fast as my legs could carry me and collect my sister and rush out the house to keep the nice man waiting , I Carry Daisy to the front door of the bus , we both say thank you the door closes and I sit down taking in small deep breaths for I was out of breath , I just remembered the pot of soup I had made for mum and I think where is it just as the bus pulls up , the nice man Tod hands me a pot " you forgot this " I say thanks and grab Daisy's hand ( who had woken up and was feeling a bit better ) and we run in through the hospital doors and I plonk Daisy on a seat while I ask where mum is , the assistant takes me and Daisy through to a white room , where mum is screaming, and her face is screwed up in determation, then finally the midwife is cradling a white sticky crying baby , she cuts the umbilical cord of and wraps him up , dad gets time holding him , we then burst through the doors and mum chomps down the soup and bread , later on the hospital closes and my new baby brother comes home , his name is Alfie .

I'm lying on my bed reading the other letter I found earlier, this must be some sort of connection, I just don't get it , i read on , on and on until I'm to tired , I have to sleep , so I place the letter on the top of my wooden cabinet , half an hour later my mum is calling me for lunch , so I stretch and wonder down the stairs, suddenly I bolt up and realise that is a dream and that I'm sharing a bedroom with Daisy because the new baby is sharing my room Daisy looks so cute  ,curled up , fast asleep, like a cat  , I silently get up and open my laptop , the bright lights  hurt my eyes, I then blank a page and type down the code , it's rhyme patten reminds me of  a chant , telling me that I will never see shawn again it kinds of reminds me of a film I watched when I was little , the two kids find , a note saying they would be killed the next day and sure enough they were, it was like that note could predict the future, maybe this note can , I hear a noise , footsteps , I shut my laptop down so hard it cracks , I jump back in to bed and pull , the covers over my head nearly suffocating myself , I wait a minute phew it's only dad putting Alfie to sleep ,no wonder , I heard crying, Daisy is snuggling up to me like I'm a warm soft teddy bear, she the muffles quietly " Kirsty I feel unwanted with this baby , maybe u could cheer me up , maybe we could make some cookies and cakes , please " she looks so cute begging so I finally agree and she drifts of to sleep , breathing slowly and burying her head in to my shoulder , I then bed down feeling upset about the baby , but also worried that I might never see shawn again.

It's early in the morning and Daisy , is jumping up and down on my bed shaking me , and screaming in my ear "come on Kirsty lets get cooking " so that is how I end up in the kitchen cooking with my little sister , mum and dad are out walking with the pram , giving Alfie some fresh air , so I tell Daisy the basics and leave her to it , two hours later she is washing up , as I bring the laundry upstairs she screams " Kirsty I have found another letter , come and get it " I'm now practically wetting myself, I drop the basket , nearly tripping over it and I rush through the door grabbing it from her , she runs catching me up , I sit down and carefully try and prise open the lid of my laptop  , but after last night, I don't think I will have any luck , so I add the letter to my pile and steer her out of the way , but she just pushes right passed me and picks the letter up , she then asks , however before I can get her out of the room , she opens it up and reads , I see her bite her lips draining the blood away so there white ,after awhile  mum and dad are back they hold baby Alfie and rock him to sleep , Daisy then pulls me out of the room , running down through the door and in to the wide garden ," those letters are something , u are amazing at writing stories , but that one seemed almost real , come on she grips on to my Hand holding on tight , I stumble back letting go of her hand , running away in to the distance where I belong .

Dream

I come to a stop , at the end of the road , catching my breath , I knew no one would believe me , i need to find shawn right now , I check my phone , I have three missed calls and two voice mails from my family, nothing at all from shawn , I hesitate but then call my other family , the line breaks and ends , I decide to catch the train and meet up with them , but I think for a moment , if they aren't answering then ,What's the point of going there , so I sprint along back to my house , something isn't right my mum and dad are chatting to ...SHAWNs dad , I back in to the kitchen and SHAWNs mum is chatting to my little sister and baby Alfie , " what going on " I stammer , " my mum and dad look up to me and say I need to sit down , they break the news shawn is dead , I feel tears streaming down my face SHAWNs mum sniffles a bit , she looks like she has been crying even shawns dad is sad I look back to my parents and nod , they carry on " he got run over , when we found him , by the side of the road , he had a note in his hand saying " I'm sorry but we need to do this " we don't exactly know what the message meant , but what we have discovered is u have a huge heap of the letters in your , room , we skim read , and it looks like , his death was because of these notes I take  a deep breath and a tear rolls down my cheek  , we are tracking down the company alive and thrive , that have done this , also he said before he died that u will be next , and he picked out a knife and placed it in my hand Cathy , SHAWNs mum starts a soft, but  loud cry I feel so bad for them , my parents Carrie on once again , but then my mum takes Cathys hand and leads her out of the room over to the window , Cathy sobs sobs and cries , in the other room baby Alfie looks quite startled , so dad picks him up , bouncing him on his knee he then carries on with the story I listen carefully , I went straight to the police and they said they would take care of it , I was wondering if u would like to plant something special for him , after all u are his girlfriend I nod and smile , but I just want to cry , half an hour later I'm walking down the road holding a bunch of flowers and a card , I get to the end of the road and see the memorial, I place everything down , the funeral is next week , I sniffle and wipe the tears away , turning away back down the lane , suddenly ...
A sharp loud voice says " hey u come here , I turn around and a middle aged man is staring at me intently , he talks " I suppose I should introduce myself I'm Dan , the one from the company alive and thrive we are so sorry about your boyfriend shawns death , it feels like there is something shoved down my throat and I can't breathe Dan pauses looks at me up and down then carries on  ," but we need u to trust us , the letters u have been getting are with my boss , and he wants to see u , follow me , "he beckons, but I step , back , and I spit on the mans face and say " I  don't want anything to do with u , these letters are creepy, I find them everyday, everywhere, and then u want me to follow u , to piece together everything, no I won't go , u can't make me , but for some reason u think u can control me I'm fuming now my face blood red , but your wrong , just as I finish my sentence a tall girl and a woman step out from behind him , the woman wraps her arms around me so I can't run away , the other girl presses a gun to my forehead, I gulp and go with them after a minute the girl takes the gun away from my head and she puts it down , but I still can feel the barrel on my forehead even when the gun is gone .

Iam falling down , down and down I don't know where I'm going , I hit my back on something hard , my head is spinning like crazy and then I see a familiar face shawn , I gasp and sit up , taking slow deep breaths wait a minute where am i , this place doesn't look familiar , I must have been knocked out , I groan and decide to get up , but it seems quite hard as I'm chained to a wall ,suddenly there is a high screech , that bursts  my eardrums , and the door is open I scream and close my eyes , the faint banging of a gun is heard when I drift of...