Chapter 5

I run outside to collect the mail , no letter , I breathe a scent of outside life , the birds fly from nest to nest tweeting , bees fly around buzzing pollinating the flowers , Kiara is ready with a head band pushing back her fringe  , she is followed by shawn in his holed  jeans , we all head to the corner shop to buy bread for lunch , we pay , and run to the park,  shawn swings me up so high and then I'm flying laughing and looking down , then some sort of force is keeping me up my smile wipes of my face when Kiara just stares dazed by it all and shawn looks up , like he doesn't believe any of my fairytale stories or that I can fly with a special force ,  I drop to the ground , Kiara is eyeing me up and down searching for answers, I just shrug , and say I couldn't care less , she runs of shouting to me to follow her , but deep down inside there is a swollen lump in my throat, and my eyes start  prickiling with soft wet tears , because shawn is nowhere to be seen.

I follow Kiara , through the park gate , I keep looking around Hoping shawn would be there , but he isn't , I dissolve in to tears , Kiara puts her arm around me , she makes me sit down on the bench , I tell her my whole story in a flashback, and then when I say about the letter and finding , where I stopped, my parents didn't believe me , I then blubber out loud and scream to the world the letter is cursed , its everywhere, I don't know what to do , she calms me down for the first time , and says " this letter could be special , I then cry softly again , she hugs me and relises what everything about , " I better tell shawn come to think , of it where is he " we sit for a while, then we walk to the house , Walking through the kitchen door , we see shawn  he is holding the letter reading it , ( I want to say shawn where have u been I was so worried but instead) I gasp and reach out to grab it , but as soon as he has read it he looks at me with his velvet  eyes , I see its adressed to me , he then smiles and pulls a letter out of his pocket , it's adressed to him , he says " I have one too.

" I don't understand " shawn , how come , "it doesn't make sense how .. "he frowns skimming the pages of the letter  "all these letters have codes on them , I know what it spells out , YOU ARE THE ONES,U ARE SPECIAL!!! The next bit I can't work out , just then my mum came in , wearing her flowery dress ,  shawn immediately shoved the letter behind his back , and tried to look casual "  time to take u home " luckily my mum doesn't notice shawns weird behaviour so we all smile and walk on  , we get in the car and drive of , when we arrive I get out of the car and take Kiara and shawn to the right train " well I guess this is goodbye " I hug Kiara and kiss shawn he holds me close his arms around my waist we finally part , and  they step on to the train , I wave until the train is a tiny speck in the distance, getting in to the car I  look back to my friends house over the road , I see a letter , looks like I'm not the only one  we drive back to the house and have a peaceful afternoon ...

An email comes through my laptop from shawn at midnight , I'm so tired but I want so badly to see his  email so I climb out of bed and open my laptop shielding my eyes from the light  it says :

Dear Kirsty

I know the next letters of the code , try and break it , then tell me what it says , Underneath there are some numbers , and letters
Love shawn xxxx

8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
S E ND TH E LETTER TO US

Well all it says is send the letter to us , I carried on hoping I was getting somewhere

18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
BE CA US E WE NEED U U ARE THE CHOSEN ONES

I swear that's odd , I mumbled to myself , he didn't give me all of the code , I typed him an email

Dear shawn
I have worked out some of it , but u haven't given me all of the code I will try again tomorrow

Love Kirsty xxxx

I quickly pressed send , shut down my laptop and got in to bed , but some how I couldn't forget about the code and what it meant.