Chapter 2~ Meet The Foster Parents

Edited

I woke up hoping what I saw yesterday was a dream, though it was more like a nightmare. I looked around the white room with machines, and sadly, it wasn't.

My face felt stiff, and my hair was hard from my crying last night.
I got up, walked over to the bathroom, and then washed my face.

My mouth was very dry, as if there was cardboard in it.

Someone left cups in the room, so I grabbed one and filled it up with water.

While taking a sip of the cool, pure, tap water, I sat down. That water is satisfying.

I was still in pain inside and out, while sill having horrible images in my head. I felt numb, at the same time as feeling that I'd never feel happiness again.

I turned on the TV on the news to distract me, and to look at the time.
It was 2:01 AM.

I sighed and then frowned, putting my chin in my hand. What am I going to do?

I don't know if I fell back asleep or not, but the next thing I knew, it was daybreak, and the doctor that comforted me last night came in with Aurora.

We locked eyes, and she started saying,

"I see that you are awake."

I nodded, and she handed me Aurora.
She smiled and said,

"You're all ready to go, you just have to wait for your ride to your new foster home."

I said,

"Thank You for dealing with me, and thanks for taking care of Aurora."

She nodded and said,

"It's fine, and I'm sure that you will be okay soon enough. Your life has only just begun."

I didn't know exactly what she was talking about, but I nodded again.

She smiled at me, and then left the room.
I sighed and looked at Aurora's sapphire eyes, biting my lip to keep me from crying again as the numbness was fading.

Part of me feels saved when I hold Aurora, I just don't know why though.
It's scary, I'll admit, but I knew everything would work out somehow.

I had a strong burning sensation in my stomach.
Is that normal?
A couple of people walked in.

"Hello, who are you?" I asked.

They looked at Aurora and they each had a sinister smile.

I gripped Aurora tighter as They walked over to me.

The woman said in a dangerous tone,

"Well, shouldn't you know? We're your new foster parents."

My jaw dropped and I nodded.

I then quickly closed my mouth, determined not to ruin my first impression.
I held out my hand and said,

"My name is Lila, what are yours?"

The woman gave my hand a disgusting look, and said without grabbing it,

"You can call my husband Sir, and I Madam... I would not like a couple of brats dirtying our names."

I nodded again, while saying something else that is bound to make them nicer to me,

"Thanks for taking us into your care, it means a lot."

She glared at me and said,

"You won't need to be thanking me later, you are going to work."

Well then, that didn't really work. Ha-ha, Madam said work and I thought work.