Chapter 6: I Officially Hate Chase Mitchell Peterson's Guts

Start from the beginning

She sighed and said, "Ams, do you ever listen to anything I say?"

"Of course I do. I just can't believe it." I mumbled and I can picture her nodding her head.

"Mmm." She mumbled and we went silent.

"I mean, Stacy and Sophie are going to Halifax tomorrow! Like, yay! They're going!" I said, faking excitement. She laughed and that's when I knew she believed my lie. I'm getting pretty good at this stuff. Lying used to be a torture to me back then, but when I arrived here in Canberra and tried to keep up appearances, I became pretty good with it.

"I know right? I wish I could go there with them." She said and I kept a straight face. I don't know how to feel. It's like I want to see them, but also stay away from them at all costs so that they wouldn't know about my real identity.

"Yeah." I mumbled quietly and we were silent again.

"Anyway, I have to go. Bye!" I said and hung up before she could even reply. I sighed heavily and decided to go downstairs.

When I arrived there, Auntie looked up at me and smiled.

"Amber, after we go to Halifax tomorrow, you and Aiden need to go to Auckland to fetch your grandfather's personal doctor. His friend can also go with the two of you if he'd like." She informed me and I nodded my head.

"Well, I have to go. I have to meet some friends." I said and she nodded. I went out the door, and I saw Drake running over to me. I threw him a confused glance and he just smiled at me.

"Ams!" He said as he went near me.

"What?" I asked and he smiled again.

"Well,  just wanted you to know that I'm going to be in Auckland for maybe three weeks because my parents and I are gonna visit some relatives there." He said and my jaw dropped. Seriously? He has to be in Auckland? Why can't they go to places I'm not in?! Hannah's going to be in Detroit, Stacy and Sophie are going to be Halifax, and now, Drake's going to be in Auckland! They're everywhere!

"Seriously?" I asked while gaping at him.

"Yeah. Just thought to inform you. I already told the three girls about it, and it seems like they also have to be somewhere. Are you also going somewhere?" He asked and I looked at him hesitantly.

"Um, I, yeah." I mumbled and he smiled.

"Where?" He asked and I looked at the other side of the street, not wanting to look at him.

"Umm, Halifax?" I said, but it came out more of a question than a statement.

"Great! Stacy and Sophie are also going to be in Halifax. Maybe the three of you will see each other!" He exclaimed and I laughed in a fake manner, but also believable.

"Yeah." I said, faking enthusiasm.

"When are you leaving?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Tomorrow." I said and scratched the back of my head awkwardly.

"Well, it looks like all of us are leaving tomorrow, so why don't we eat lunch together?" He suggested and I grinned.

"Sure! I'll meet all of you in Pizza Hut, if that's okay with all of you?" I asked and he nodded.

"Sure. See you later, Ams! I'll tell the other girls to meet us there." He said and I nodded.

He waved goodbye and I just stood there in the porch, sighing heavily, watching Drake disappear in the streets, probably on his way to the girls' house.

I went back inside and went straight to my room, putting my phone on the bedside table and went directly to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and stripped out my clothes, throwing them in the laundry basket.