(PLEASE READ) Chapter 1: A Whole New World

Chapter 1

Gabriella's POV: 

"My goodness Gabriella what are we going to do with you? You can't seem to do anything right! Now run along to the market and get everything on the list!" My stepmother well more like stepmonster roared. 

I swiftly ran out of the cottage and made my way off towards the market. It's a good twenty minute walk so I'll need to hurry. Ever since my father died life has been so hard. I can't run away either because I promised him that I would try my best to make things work. I'm not sure how much longer this will last. My stepmother tried to get rid of me yet again just last week. I'm not sure when, but I'm sure I won't be staying with her much longer. I entered the first shop listed and began purchasing produce. Then off to the next and the next. 

I suppose no one really knows who I am. I've lived a pretty sheltered life. Well that's the life of a commoner I suppose. We're all pretty quiet and sheltered people. Royals don't pay us any attention and the dukes as well as the duchesses could care less. Everyone in between treats us like dirt. We are as low as it gets. Our lives consist of waking up. Getting dressed. Eating. And working. But even so we still have hopes and dreams. I for one would like to one day prove to everyone that commoners can rise up and make a name for themselves. I enjoy photography and hope to one day become the royal photographer. I carry my camera around everywhere. Currently it is on a chain-like structure around my neck. I set the groceries on the floor and began snapping pictures of happy people cheerily shopping around the commoners market. Click. Click. Click. This truly is amazing. My life may not be the best but when I’m taking pictures I completely forget that I am of commoner origins.

My thoughts were cut short when I ran into a firm body. I fell to the floor and dropped all of my things. My camera fell against my chest but it didn’t break, thank god. I looked up and found a pair of beautiful blue orbs staring in shock at me. 

"My deepest apologies love" he said while crouching down and picking up my things. 

"Oh no the apology is all mine" I hastily said. 

I frantically started gathering my things and looked up to see an out stretched hand. I stared at his hand like he was from a different planet. He chuckled. 

"Do you plan on sitting there all day love?" He asked with a chuckle. 

"Uh um thanks" I stuttered as I took his hand and aided myself off the floor. 

He pulled my flush against his chest and he smelled heavenous. I allowed my eyes to roam over his body. He cleared his throat and I looked up and saw that he had been observing me. Blushing deeply I began to walk away. 

"Might I ask, what's a beautiful young lady doing in a busy market place like this all by herself?" This mysterious boy with the thick Irish accent asked. 

"I have many responsibilities that need to be tended to. Sorry I really don't have time to chat." I said while scrambling to get away. 

"What's it gonna take for a lad to be in your good graces?" The blue eyed boy asked. 

"I don't know. Who’s asking?" I whispered. 

"A charming stranger." He said with a smile. 

"I’m not sure I wanna meet this stranger. I doubt he has any idea how to treat a lady." I said with confidence.

This boy makes me think of the royals. He's full of himself. 

"Well like a princess I suppose." He sheepishly said. 

Of course he'd say that! He’s clearly not a commoner. Why do all people that are of a higher social status, automatically assume that all women would like to be treated as snobby, spoiled princesses? It’s truly distasteful and shameful for a man to think such a thing. That is in my opinion.

"No. Like a lady with dignity and respect." I defended. 

"You’re different" he gushed. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked hurt. 

"No um I didn't mean to offend you. Might I ask, what's your name love?" He excitedly asked. 

I lightly laughed. Who is this guy? Yeah I’ll give it to him, the boy is very attractive. But why on earth would he wish to be seen willfully associating with the likes of me. I felt a small sense of pride well up within me. The fact that someone of a higher social standing would want to openly talk to me, well it makes me happy. This goes to show that commoners aren’t as bad as were pegged for.

"Gabriella" I said while smiling. 

"That's a beautiful name. Can I call you Ella?" He sheepishly asked. 

"My my dad used to call me that before he passed away" I said as a tear slipped my eye. 

"Oh no love I didn't mean to make you cry. I'll call you Gabriella that's equally beautiful" he said while stepping closer and wiping my fallen tears. 

"No um go ahead. I want you to call me that" I said while offering a smile. 

"Ok" he smiled while pulling me into a hug. 

"I really must be going but I do hope to see you again one day" I said as I turned to leave. 

"I know we just met but..." He trailed off as he pressed a quick kiss to my lips. 

Astonished I touched my lips almost as if it were fake. A smile spread across my face. I lifted my camera and snapped a picture.

“Wait! Take a picture with me?” I pleaded.

“Sure thing love” he said cheerily.

We stepped close together and took a quick picture. Both grinning like idiots.

"See you soon Ella" he said while waving at me. 

I wave back as a trailed away.  It soon dawned on me. I never did figure out what his name was. Oh well. I’ll have to ask him next time.

The moment I reached the cottage that I was forced to call home the stepmonster began to yell.

"Gabriella where were you? Get in here and gather your things! You'll be leaving" she yelled. 

"Leaving? Where too?" I asked scared. 

"I've sold you to the king and his men will be here shortly to pick you up" she spat. 

"You... You sold me for your own selfish gain?" I asked shocked. 

"He offered me money and a great amount of it. So yes. I sold you. Now good bye" she said as she exited the room. 

Just as she exited the kings men arrived. 

"We're here to collect the girl." The knight said. 

I submitted to them and left. Only turning to look at the place I once called home for the last time. Once we arrived at the palace the king swiftly approached.

"So this is your new home and you will be working as the personal servant. Excuse me the personal thing girl for my youngest son. Prince Niall James Horan" he said swiftly.

Just as quickly as it was said, I was being shoved into a room. 

"This will be your room. The prince is across the hall" said the personal assistant to the king.

"Oh it appears as if the prince has returned." He said. 

I looked in the direction he was pointing and quickly covered my mouth after I gasped. That's him. The boy I met at the market today. He tricked me. I almost thought he was a commoner like me. I should have known. He's a prince. 

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow!

PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!