Chapter 1

Chapter: 1

Rachel's POV: 

Today is my first day at Black Stone High and might I say the name suits the building. My parents just divorced so I live with my dad here in Black Stone. My dad insisted on driving me to school today. Much to my regret. 

"Your gonna love it here sweety I can already tell!" My dad cooed as he pulled up to the school. "Let me know if you need a ride home." 

"Alright, bye dad." I waved as he drove off. 

I walked into the huge school. Students everywhere. Some talking loud while others whispering gossip. All in all with in three minutes I've learned that there a senior named Zayn Malik and to steer clear because he has anger issues. And also to avoid his friends because their clique is apparently full of dangerous and trouble making guys and a few girls. As I was walking I ran into something hard because I wasn't paying attention. I almost fell backwards but a pair of strong arms gripped me. When I looked up I saw chocolate brown eyes staring intently at me. Everyone within range was watching, looking for a reaction. 

"Watch where your going" the beautiful boy in front of me barked.

I started to blush from embarrassment as he released my arms. 

"I'm so sorry" I said while blushing. Then four other extremely hot guys came over. 

"Nice accent" the one with the green eyes said. They all smirked and walked away quickly going after thier next target. Except for the one with the chocolaty eyes that caught me. He just stood there and I looked up to see if he was gone but we locked eyes and then he walked away. There's something about him that's, well, different. 

I proceeded to go to my first period class when I heard students yelling 'Fight! Fight! Fight!' I'm not a fan of violence so I ran over with the hopes of peacemaking for whoever the poor kid was. 

There was a large group of students forming a circle around the two fighting students. I spotted all five boys from earlier. The one I ran into was in the fight. He was beating up some poor sophomore boy that was half his size. I couldn't take it anymore so I started pushing myself through the crowd. Once I got close enough I ran I between them and pushed the sophomore behind me so that I was shielding him. 

"Stop!" I yelled. "Leave him alone, he's just a kid. Please just let him be." I pleaded. 

Everyone in the area started whispering because they'd never seen anyone challenge him. 

"Zayn's not gonna stop. He's ruthless." Whispered the shaking boy that was behind me. 

Ah so his name is Zayn, I thought to myself. Zayn looked at me completely shocked. 

"Count your blessings kid. You can't hide behind her forever." Zayn said as he and his clique walked away. 

'Omg how did she get him to end a fight' one person whispered. 'Im surprised he didn't have one of the girls in his clique beat her up.' Another person whispered. My thoughts were cut short when I was tapped on the shoulder. I turned around and saw the sophomore boy looking up at me. He looked really sweet. And adorable. He has huge ocean blue eyes and blonde hair. He's really small though so I'm not sure what he did to upset Zayn. 

"Thank you. Thank you so much." He whispered shyly. I pulled him into a hug. 

"No problem just stay out of trouble." I replied.

"I'm Adam by the way" he informed me

"It's nice to meet you Adam. I'm Rachel." I softly replied.  

He smiled up and me and walked off. Just then the bell rang and I headed for my first period class. It's the middle of the semester so everyone else already knows each other. I walked into the class said good morning to the teacher and made a b-line for the back of the class. There were eight empty seats so I just walked over and claimed one in the center of the back. In hopes of going unnoticed by everyone. My American accent makes me stand out enough. 

"Class we have a new student, her name is Rachel. Please make her feel welcomed." My history teacher said. 

Everyone turned around and some started whispering. 'Thats the girl I was telling you about. The one that broke up the fight.' I started to lightly blush then looked away. Just as I thought things couldn't get any worse Zayn and his entire pack walked in. I immediately looked down not wanting to further embarrass myself. They started walking close to where I was. 

"Harry, Liam, Niall, Louis, Dani, El, and Zayn. Your all late. Now take your seats." The teacher stated in a frustrated tone. 

"I'm sorry sir. It won't happen again" Liam said 

"At least not this week" Niall added. 

They started walking towards the back and all stopped when they saw me. I immediately put my head down. Dani and El walked over to me. 

"Hi I'm Danielle but you can call me dani and this here is El." She chirped. They both have me a warm welcome and sat down on the end of the row. In what I presumed to be their assigned seats. 

"I'm Rachel" I shyly whispered. They both grinned and mouthed 'sit with us at lunch?' And I nodded. Then the guys walked over. Liam sat by dani and Louis sat by El. Harry sat to my right and Niall sat on the other side of Harry. That leaves zayn I suppose. He sauntered towards my desk and leaned towards me 

"Your in my seat" he stated bluntly.

My cheeks turned blood red and I looked down packing all my stuff together. Then Zayn put his hand under my chin and locked eyes with me. Tingles spread throughout my body. It was an amazing feeling.  

"Don't. Stay." He barked as if I were some kind of animal and he was my alpha. I noticed the paw print necklace he was wearing. He noticed my stare and walked away sitting in the empty seat at the end of the row. 

"We're going to be starting a new unit today so you know what that means." The teacher said as the entire class groaned "that means pick a partner because your getting a project. And actually you will be working in groups but for now pick partners." He commanded

I frantically looked around because I didn't know anyone. Dani and Liam were working together and Louis and El were working together and everyone else was pared. 

"Be my partner?" A husky voice asked. 

I turned and saw it was Harry. As much as I wanted to say no I really had no other option. 

"That'd be great. Thanks" I smiled. 

"Now class you and your partner need to match up with another set of partners and the four of you will be a group.  Before I had the chance to protest Harry told me we would be working with Zayn and Niall. 

The class ended and the morning went by pretty fast. It was now time for P.E. then lunch. I walked into the girls locker room. Changed really fast then went into the gym. Zayn, Harry and Niall were the only ones i slightly knew in this class. 

"Today were playing dodge ball. Keep it clean. No dirty hits. You all know the rules. Split into teams and let the games begin." The coach yelled. 

Of course I wasn't on a team with anyone I knew. But then last minute El walked in and joined my team. I mentally high-five'd  her for coming to my rescue. Suddenly dodge balls were flying everywhere and people were getting hit left and right. I looked up and a ball was flying towards my face. I flinched preparing to be knocked out cold but another ball knocked it out of the way. I looked and saw a very pissed off zayn looking at a girl on his team. I've come to know her as Perrie Edwards. Yet not even a minute later she chucked another one at my face. It completely took me by surprise and I started to propel backwards from the force of the hit. But before I hit the ground I noticed someone had caught me. But who?