Chapter 9

As soon as the door was opened, a small body flung out and wrapped around Lukas' legs. "I'm so sorry Emil," he said gently as he carefully picked the boy up with one arm. "I know I've been gone longer than usually, but I had a little accident."

"A-accident?" Emil looked up at his elder brother, tears streaming down his face. He turned his head only to notice the blue cast. "Y-your arm!" Emil was determined to get to the hurting arm and try to help his brother somehow.

"Yeah it's a bit broken so I can't do much with it-"

"Anything," Matthias cut in, "you can't do anything with your arm like that Lukas."

Lukas sighed and Emil looked between the two adults in confusion before pointing at Matthias. "Who?" He said aloud, getting and wide smile from Matthias.

"That's just some idiot that helped me," Lukas cut in before Matthias could say anything and walked inside, allowing Matthias to follow him.

Lukas tried to prepare lunch only to be forced to sit down by the other adult, Emil crawling into his lap and staring at his older brother's cast. "Does it hurt?" He whispered gently.

"It's not too bad honestly," he mumbled gently, looking down at his arm then at the small boy in his lap. A small sigh escaped his lips. "Hey Matthias, I can do some things. You don't have to treat like I'm a baby."

"You heard what the doctor said, Lukas. You're not allowed to do anything with that arm. I don't care if you can do something, you're not going to," he voice was strict, startling Lukas a bit that the man could have such a tone that wasn't silly and idiotic. He brushed it off anyway and rolled his eyes, petting his brother's hair with his usable arm.