A Forgotten Friend | Call me Maybe?

Start from the beginning

I wished his word were true. I wished that he didn't mean it in a friendly way but in that romantic kinda way. I wished that he really loved me but life does not revolve around us. It isn't necessary that the person whom you love, loves you back. If that would've been the case, the world would have been a much better place to live in and life wouldn't have been too complicated.

"I know, eddie. I love you too." I said.

"No, you don't get me, Rachel. I really -" Edward got interrupted as his mother shouted from downstairs, "Eddie, Rachel! Could you both please come downstairs?"

He let out a loud sigh and called out, "We're coming, mom!" while running his hand through his chocolate brown hair.

I wonder what he was saying.

"Let's go, Rach."

"Yeah, let's go." I said and we both headed downstairs.

We entered the kitchen and saw his mother cooking some dessert, probably her famous brownies.

"Yeah, mom?" asked Edward.

"Oh, you guys are here." she let out a breath in relief and continued, "I need you both to go to the supermarket and buy eggs. I started cooking brownies and realised that we didn't have any. A dozen would be fine."

"Okay, mom. Come on, Rach." said Edward.

"Yes, sir." I said.

We both headed towards his red jeep when he said, "Wanna go to the Rick's Ice Parlour on our way back?"

"Yeah, that sounds good but we should first give the eggs to your mom and then we'll go since she's in the middle of her cooking. Also, we'll get to spend more time at the ice cream parlour." I suggested.

"Okay, we'll do that. Now let's go."

In about ten minutes, we reached the supermarket. We quickly bought the eggs and headed to his house. We gave his mom the eggs and drove to the ice cream parlour.

It was a cute little shop and it's walls were painted in light blue and pink coloured stripes. On entering the shop, there was an area where all types of ice creams were displayed for us to choose and try and on the other side there were many tables and chairs. We took a table by the window and made ourselves comfortable. Since Edward already knew what to order, I went to the display area to try out some new flavours of ice cream. I was tired of having the cookie dough ice-cream, even though I love it, I decided to try some new flavours.

I tried many flavours and decided to have mint chocolate ice-cream. I went to the cashier to pay for mine and Edward's ice-cream. The guy behind the counter was quite good-looking with his dirty blonde hair falling over his blue eyes and great physique. He looked like he was about my age. I hadn't seen him before so he might be from a different school.

"Hey, pretty lady! How can I help you?" The cute guy asked me pulling me out of my trail of thoughts. Did he just call me pretty? He must be blind or something. I mean, let's face it, I have frizzy curly blonde hair that are quite hard to straighten, they are always sticking out in different directions. I have a few freckles on my cheeks and I'm not that thin. The only good thing about my face are my big green eyes.

"I just now ordered my ice-cream, I'd like to have the bill, please." I said.

"Yeah, it's $9.50." he said while handing me the bill as well as the two cups of ice-cream with spoons and tissues. Edward had ordered his favourite double chocolate chip ice-cream while I tried something different which was mint chocolate.

It was when I was wiping my mouth with a tissue that I noticed, there was a number written on it. I glanced over at that cute guy and he gave me a smile that would make girls go weak on their knees. He gestured the 'call me' action towards me. I just gave him a smile and then looked at Edward, thankfully, he was so engrossed in eating his ice-cream that he didn't even notice that a guy had just given me his number.

I then looked down at the tissue which had his number, he had scribbled his name, Eric.

He had just given me his number.

Me of all the people.

Maybe because I'm working on my appearance these days. You see, I'm around Edward almost everyday and the least I can do is to look presentable.

So, my new presentable avatar is working well on boys, huh?

I gave Eric a last smile before leaving the parlour.

Edward dropped me at my place and I headed , straightaway to my bedroom. I lied only bed and stared at my ceiling which was full with the glow in the dark stickers. I just love the stars, no matter what happens, the stars will never leave you and that is what I love about them.

As I stared at my ceiling, I replayed the events that took place in the parlour. Why had Eric given me his number, it's not like I turned into some Disney princess.

I quickly opened my purse that I had taken with me to the parlour and took out the tissue paper on which he had written his number. As I glanced at it, there was only one question in my mind, "Should I call him?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!!

Sorry for the late update! :( I got kinda busy! That was not the best way to end a chapter but still, I couldn't think of anything else! :P

So, what do you guys think of Eric?

Will Rachel call him or not?

Next update would be up by this weekend. :D

Don't forget to vote and comment. Your support means everything to me.

Tell me what you think.

xoxo

fabgirl1998

Ps- I just realised that I didn't write an A/N in the beginning! :P it kinda gets annoying!