X _ "A Kiss Goodbye"

From Stupidkarma_ "If I haven't said it enough, (Because I haven't. Lol.) Thanks for reading. And If you're in the story, I'm not trying to pressure you into signing up and/or reading. It's all in good fun. And when your character's time comes. It's nothing personal." XD

*THREE DAYS IN*

10:03am

~Hayden~

I couldn't move. The bite mark on my hip was growing slowly. It hurt, it was bleeding and I was only slowing Feyza down.

My body had fallen onto the orange leaves beneath me. No longer could I run. I had to accept that and I had to let her have a chance.

She stopped and turned to me, she quickened up to help me up but I pushed her away.
"Go." I grumbled.
"We have to keep running. Get up." She said back.
"Feyza, you need to go."
"I'm not leaving you." She  returned sternly.

She tried to grab my arm away from where I was pressing it hard against my walker wound. But I pushed her away again. It hurt too much to let her help.

I didn't have the energy to look up at her anymore, it hurt inside and I could taste my own death. My head spun like mad and even though it was a cool day, it felt like I was burning in a fire. The fever, the sweat, the headache.

If the last thing I was gonna do was convince her to leave. Then I damn well knew I had to succeed.
"Leave! I'm bitten! Infected!"
"No." She said with a crack in her voice. "I don't want to be alone. Please. Just get up. We can do this."
"No. Just..." I puffed.

She had started to tear up, I could hear it in her voice.
"Hayden. Everyone else left us. I don't want you to go too."
"I can't-... Do this."

The hunters were approaching.

"Hayden. Come on."
She knelt down in front of me. I reached into my boot and pulled out my short, sharp knife that I found right after Shaimaa died.
"Take this. You'll-... You'll. Need it."
For a moment, I was able to lift my head up for just enough time to see her flooded eyes. Face blank. She spoke.
"I-... Don't know what to do."
"You just, have to survive."
She hugged me after taking my knife.
"Just survive. Somehow."
"I will," She said in between gasps. "And If I find them. I'll tell them how much of a gentleman you were. And how you let yourself go for me."
I heard her sniff up the sadness behind my neck.
"You better," I chuckled in pain. "Now go."

I stayed rested as she started for the trees. But. She stopped. Again.

She ran back fast. After pressing herself against me again. I felt her lips touch mine. It would be my last memory. And I was glad it was a good one.

~Feyza~

I pulled the knife out from the back of his skull.
"I'm sorry. But with them. That's no way to die."

The hunters were coming closer, I could hear them running near.

Hayden's pulse fell still as I rested him down onto the yellow and orange surface. In the fallen warmth of colours that surrounded us, his innocence floated away into the wind.
I only wanted him to pass away happily.

My face was cold from the tears as I headed away into Affliction.