stitches.

*trigger warning; mature themes & self abuse references in this chapter*

a/n: this chapter is kind of a fill-in chapter, it's from the previous night but kind of in Derek's point of view
the picture at the top is the layout of Stiles' room also!
_____

Derek tapped his finger anxiously on the counter waiting for the nurse to get her shit together & find Stiles' room number in the folder of patients. After months of not being able to see Stiles, Derek was finally granted access to see him. Derek was ecstatic. He wanted to hug Stiles, comfort him, explain everything he's missed out on, and most of all he just wanted to sit with Stiles and talk. He wanted Stiles to open up to him. Talking about things, no matter how much that person doesn't want to, is a good thing, he wanted to help Stiles & be there for him. What Derek found was far from his expectations.

The Nurse opened the door for Derek, he thanked her & entered. He looked down to his watch; 2:49 AM. He didn't see Stiles in his bed. He walked to the bathroom entrance, but didn't look in, "Stiles?" He softly called, he didn't want to walk in on a naked Stiles, well secretly he did, but he didn't want Stiles to get embarrassed. When he got no reply, he knowing stepped in. On his left was the toilet, next to toilet was the basin/vanity, in the top left hand corner, was the shower, on the back wall to the left was a closet, probably for towels, Derek thought. (a/n: if you don't understand Stiles' room & bathroom layout, look at the picture at the top, I drew the layout & labeled it, if you don't understand, please tell me!) Then, Derek looked to the bath. The milky white water, with crimson red blood mixing with it, creating a pink toned water. An unconscious Stiles lay under the water, eyes closed, if this wasn't a bad situation, Derek would've thought Stiles' looked so peaceful & beautiful, but Derek's mind hadn't registered that yet.

Derek just stood there, completely frozen. His mind was telling him to move, to pull Stiles out & call for help, but his body wouldn't do it. After what felt like decades, which was really only a few seconds, Derek flew to Stiles & pulled him out. Thats when he saw all the cuts up his fore arms, and the cuts on his thighs peeking out from under his white shorts. Blood stained his white tank top. Derek, as gently as he could, pulled Stiles out of the tub and onto the floor. He put his ear to Stiles' mouth, he was breathing but painfully slow. Derek screamed for help at the top of his lungs. Right now was when he wished he didn't skip the first aid classes his school taught when Derek was still in school. He didn't know what to do, he just screamed for help and cried.

As if in slow-motion, 3 nurses, 2 duty nurses & an actual surgical nurse, if you will, and a doctor rush into room 409. One of the duty nurses grabbed Derek and sat him on the bed and attempted to calm him down. Another paramedic-like nurse rushed in with a gurney. Stiles was lifted onto it and rushed out to Eichen House's own theatre & medical premises. The nurse who was comforting Derek, got up and left a few minutes after Stiles was rushed out of the room & Derek silenced his cries. He got off the bed and went to sit in the corner of the room, next to the desk, near the bathroom door. He pulled out his phone and contemplated telling Scott. He decided not to, Scott would just worry and want to see Stiles. There was no point telling him now. Derek would tell him when Stiles wanted him to. This was about Stiles not Scott after all.

Stiles brought back into his room at around 4am with bandages up both his fore-arms & on his thighs. Little spots of blood spotted the bandages, probably from the stitches. Derek continued to stare into space wondering what drove Stiles to do this. And what Derek could do to help Stiles. The not-so-nice nurse began hand cuffing Stiles to the bed. Derek shot up in lighting speed time & grabbed her hand away.

"No need for that." Derek growled. The nurse was somewhat scared but put on a brave face.

"Why's that Mr. Hale?" She replied.

"He won't do anything drastic. If he does, I'll stop him," Derek flashed his blue eyes at the nurse, "no need to punish him, he didn't do anything wrong."

The Nurse scoffed in return. She undid the hand cuffs & left the room. Eichen House was known for keeping supernatural creatures, so she would've known what Derek was.

Derek placed himself on the edge of the bed, and help Stiles' hand.

After 2 hours, Derek was starting to get drowsy. He hadn't slept for a few days worrying about Stiles. He stood up and walked over to the corner of the room, he sat down & closed his eyes. He could feel sleep taking over him. Until he heard Stiles sit up, he heard whimpers from Stiles. He briefly opened his eyes. He knew that expression, Stiles had a nightmare. He'd seen that face many a night, whenever he comforted Stiles after a nightmare. This would be no different, except Derek's body was so exhausted he couldn't gather the energy to move & comfort Stiles.

"It was just a dream Stiles." Derek mumbled. It came across a lot harsher than Derek expected. But he was too lazy to say anything else before he fell into a slumber.

Stiles was really confused what was happening, but he was so tired, he just went back to sleep. He figured Derek would explain everything in the morning.

_____

I don't really know where this is going, I had a completely different plan for this chapter but it just turned out like this, sorry!!

also the picture at the top is the layout of Stiles' room

sorry for taking so long to publish this, I've been going through a lot lately & whenever I feel really bad I'll write a bit of this & then i run out of inspiration, so if anyone i an idea where you would like this story to go, please comment, I'll take pretty much anything at this point!

but oh my goshhh thank you all soo soo soooo much for 3.7k reads & 194 votes! i never ever expected my story would get so many reads, I was so ecstatic at 10 reads! but again if you have any idea of where you want this to go, pleeeeeease tell me! I'm running out of ideas, I don't know where to end this story either! should I make it long or short? ahh so many decisions

x Z