Chapter 4

We arrive to our destination, Venus high school.
Most people really hate the first days of school but I love it! I love seeing groups of people together, I love to study and carry small talks with the teachers.

The front of school is crowded with people, forming in groups and reuniting with friends and some would just be looking around the school looking totally lost.

" Oy look it's Tyler Bachley! " Lucas shrieks and points at him and everyone in the whole quad looks at us. Even Tyler

Crap! Now you done it Lucas!

Tyler's face turns pink and runs off and his friends chase after him.

Ugh he must be so embarrassed.

I hit Lucas on the chest for being the idiot that he his.

" what the heck was that about!? I yell

" What?! I didn't mean to say it that loud! And watch it! You know my nipples are sensitive! " he yells back

We continue to have our little
argument till we realize that everyone is still staring at us.

Our faces turn red and by luck we hear the first bell ring and we make a dash for it to our first period.

~

Luckily me and Lucas have most of our classes together and World History is one of them.
We sit together in the middle of the room.
Usually I sit in the front but Lucas is those kind of people who are mischievous and like to mess around in the back of the classroom, so we both agreed to sit in the middle of the classroom if we had classes together.

We look at every person who walks in to ease the curiosity on who will our classmates for the new school year.

" Ugh, man. There's no cute guys here." Lucas groans

I roll my eyes and continue to look at the door and the last person enters, the teacher walks in and introduces himself and we all get settled in.

~

I look at the clock on the wall and its 10:07 a.m. I groan and look around my fourth period classroom  which is English, my favorite subject. I can't really say I like this class though, there's a lot of guys here and they keep staring at me and checking me out.

Crap!

All the girls make faces at me and scoff and I can hear them whispering about me and I can hear them loud and clear. ( gee thanks H.M.E. For the special hearing. )

" That girl is so full of herself! "

" What a tramp! "

" She even got my boyfriend's attention, stupid bitch. "

The group of girls went on and on with their hurtful comments about me. I smile at them even though I feel like tearing up inside and they roll their eyes at me.

I've always had trouble making friends especially with girls. Girls would always be jealous of me because of the way guys would look at me and because I was " weird " guys thought I was strange too so people tried to avoid me all the time.
I think about the time when I first started school, I was barely starting to learn how to act human. I was in 3rd grade, I was super excited, Karen walked me to my class and I was amazed on how many kids there was. All the kids looked different from each other like, hair, eye color, skin, weight, height. I thought it was mind blowing at the time, that was first time I've seen kids my age since I was surrounded by adults all the time. Karen told my classmates about my current situation and they instantly looked at me differently. Karen left and I tried to play with the other kids. No one wanted to. During elementary and middle school I always sat alone, worked alone, ate alone, and studied alone.
It was so depressing, but luckily I met Lucas and I'm grateful to have a friend like him. He may be annoying and talk about guys a lot and might act like a total girl most of the time but there's nothing I wouldn't change about him.
Till then it's just me and him the best amigos! The weird girl and the pastel goth boy! Together forever!

The bell rings and I head to the cafeteria to meet up with Lucas for lunch. The cafeteria is not really that nice looking, in fact it's kind of ghetto looking ( like this school actually ) I see Lucas standing by a vending machine and I wave my hand to him, he sees me and he points to the lunch line and we walk over there to get our lunch.
Today they are serving chicken sandwich with a box of raisins and a salad on the side.
Chicken sandwiches is literally the only good thing they serve at this school , me and Lucas grab our sandwiches and toss out our side dishes and look for a spot to sit.
Luckily there's an empty table and we sit down and start eating.
" What class did you just have? " I ask to kill the silence

" Chemistry! It's pretty boring though, you have to do things that involve math and such! " he says while frowning.
I know how much he hates math and his love for science.

We continue our small talk about our class schedule and out of nowhere a group of senior boys walk past us and call Lucas out.

" What's up with that gay ass outfit?!"

" You like dick Bruh?! "

" Fucking homo!!"

They all laugh at him and Lucas covers his face with his hands with shame.
Lucas likes girly things and he always get bullied for it, and also because he's gay. I think it's sick how people can just treat people like that! Lowering other people's self esteem just so they think higher of themselves!
I stand up from my chair and I scowl at them.

" Leave him alone! " I yell

They stare at me with shock but it soon turns into laughter.

" Come on babe what's a fine thing like you hanging out with this pipsqueak? Come chill with us and we'll show  you a good time! " one of the boys says and grins at me.

I look at them in disgust, suddenly I can feel myself having to sneeze for a second and I grin at my idea.

Perfect!

" AHHHCHOO- " a big load of slimy snot comes out of my nose and all the people around my table look and gasp at me with disgust.

" Yo man that is nasty! " disgusted, the group of guys all walk away and probably won't ever come back.

I always hated sneezing because a river of snot would always shoot out of me. It was a defect from one of the tests back in H.M.E. to make my sense of smell better, the tests failed a couple of times but it worked for Yo-kun, he had the same defect but his went away after they perfected the drug. Now he has 12 senses of smell and I have 8... He probably has more now but I wouldn't know.

Ugh. Why is he always on my mind?

" You didn't have to do that and you nasty slut that was gross!"Lucas says while looking away from me in embarrassment while laughing.

I stand in front of him and I cup his face and he stares at me, his eyes are glossy and his purple eyeliner is getting smeared , I'm pretty sure he wants to cry.

" You're my best friend. I would do anything for you, I'll always be there for you like how you are with me.
When your mad, I'm mad, when your sad I'm sad. When your happy I'm happy! I care about you Lucas and I won't just stand around and do nothing while people say things about you! "

He sheds a tear and hugs me.

" You're truly amazing Maddie. "

Lucas is my best friend and I would never change that for the world.