Diary 20

Diary 20

The day of the party finally arrived. I wore a casual black dress, and everyone was dressed up casually as well. I didn't want to look all that fancy. I wished Mai went to the same school so she could of went to the party, but sadly she didn't, and she had plans today anyway.

"Welcome." Takahiro came to greet me. He was all suited up in his black tux. He actually looked pretty handsome. The only thing that ruined him was that cigarette that is always in his mouth. He smokes a lot, and I mean a lot. I hardly ever see him not smoking, but he looked pretty hot doing it so I had no complaints.

"Hey. Happy birthday." I held my gift bag to my chest, and then handed it to him.

"Just leave it on the table where everyone's gift is. Come on in. I will get you something to drink." He smiles slightly.

"Okay." I walked in, and placed my gift on the table, and followed after him.

"Wait here." He points to the couch. I sat down, and saw he went to talk to a guy.

It's that guy! The bruised one from before. He looks really introverted. Takahiro was grabbing onto his arm, and he seemed hesitant to go where Takahiro wanted him to go. After many failed attempts, Takahiro came back with a cocktail in his hand.

"Sorry. I just had to talk to someone." He hands me the drink.

"Who is he? Are you friends with him?" I took the drink, and took a sip.

"Kinda. He's kinda weird. Kinda pisses me off too." He looks annoyed.

Well you were the one that invited him....I wanted to say that, but didn't bother.

"Oh sorry. Why did you invite him then?"

"I wanted to do a good deed. Is that so wrong?" He eyebrows me.

"No I guess not." I looked down. He was pretty intimidating.

"Sorry if I'm scaring you. I'm trying not to be so rough around the edges. Thanks for coming to my party." He says with a straight face.

"No problem."

"Come have some food." He leads me to the main room where there were many appetizers, and food. I couldn't help, but eat a ton of sweets. I even decided to box some for Mai since I knew she would enjoy some sweet things.

~~~~~~

The party was pretty fun. I caught up with a ton of people I hadn't seen in a while since we weren't in the same classes. It was fun, but it would of been better if Mai was with me. It would probably be awkward for her anyway since she didn't know anyone from my school.

I was on my way home, and I wanted to drop by Mai's house because I wanted to give her the sweets. The streets were dark, and I was terrified someone might try to attack me. The fear crept over me, but I tried to overpower that fear.

I made my way up her street, and approached her doorstep. I rung the doorbell, and after a few seconds, Mai answered the door.

"Uh hey? Why are you here at this hour?" She looked pretty confused. I didn't blame her, I would be too. I came unannounced anyway.

"I just got out of the party. I actually bought you some sweets." I smiled.

Her face looked uneasy. "Thank you." She takes the bag from my hand. "You didn't need to do that."

"I wanted to. May I come in?"

She took a pause for what felt like an eternity before she finally said yes.

I walked in, and saw a brunette haired guy sitting on the couch. He looked about our age. He looked at me, and had no expression.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"I need to talk to you alone." She leads me upstairs.

I followed, and didn't know what to expect.

She closed the door behind her as we stood in her bedroom.

"Ayumi. I think we should break up."

To Be Continued