Chapter V

"One of the worst things about trusting someone is really believing that everything they ever told you was truth. From the I love you, I need you, I care for you, and that you make them happy and complete, but only in the end to realize you wasn't the only one they was telling that too!!! "

-Telisca McLaughlin

Anha POV:

After walking up I was confused at looking at the room and took the view of my surroundings and then I saw a note on the bed side table which was for me.

Hi Anha, don't be scared it's my house and presently you are in my room. I went out to complete an emergency work. I'll be back after completing it, my mom is out of station on her business trip. Sorry but I felt you need some privacy so I have texted your mom that you will be staying at Mona's place for some paper work. You can feel free and serve anything you want from the kitchen.

- H

After reading the note I instantly opened my phone to check the msg, I have dialed and informed my mom that I will come tomorrow evening. If it was in other circumstances I would be pissed off for what he has done, but now felt relaxed and was thankful for his honesty.

I went to bathroom to get fresh and made my way towards and had some food which I picked from the fridge. I wanted to meet Aadarsh so I called him but each and every single message of mine where being going straight to voicemails. So I have decided to go to his apartment and meet him directly. And I have left a note for Hardik on his coffee table in the hallway. After that I locked his house and left from there.

As Aadarsh's place is not very distant from here I have opted to go by walk. So I have put headphones and hit the play button in my mobile and started walking towards his house. I have seen his car placed in front of his drive way. I have knocked the door but there was no response so I made my way inside his house as I know where he used to save his spare keys shut the door behind me and made my way inside.

My heart was racing faster as I was hearing some giggling voice of a girl. I can recognize these two voices, they were very familiar to me. I was scared to go ahead that what am I going to face now coz morning I had missed my best friend and these voices are scaring the hell out of my life. Somehow I have managed and headed towards the door from where I was getting these voices. I was close enough that I could listen everything in crystal clear. I opened the door and saw something unexpected.

Rita and Aadarsh were making out in front of me, and stood shell shock as I felt that I was choking out the air from my lungs. And they were very busy in their make out session that they haven't noticed me. I was about to move from that place as I didn't want to see this crap in front of me. Aadarsh saw called me and was coming near me to explain me. instead out crying in front of him I have slapped him and broke my relation with me. their make out session was printed in my mind in such a way, I felt my heart being crushed in pieces. :'(

After running out of the house I couldn't stop the urge of crying, tears all betrayed me by slipping out my eyes. I couldn't go home in this state, not even thinking twice I have called Hardik and asked him to come to the place where I was sobbing hardly. After hitting the end button I have recalled every moment spent with Aadarsh. How did he proposed me how he used to make me feel special and also the date of proposal.

On the date of proposal he asked to get ready by 7pm and he drove me towards the spot where we could have dinner. As I was blindfolded for getting my surprise I kept silent for the whole drive. After pulling the car in the driveway, he got down and opened the door and asked me to follow him still the blindfold was not removed. After steeping out of the car I felt a cold breeze touching my exposed skin.

We kept walking away from the car and halted at a point and he asked me to keep stay calm as he removed the blindfold and asked not to open my eyes. Everything felt calm, there was a silence but it wasn't awkward, I didn't feel the warmth of his touch n after few seconds he asked me to open my eyes....

No single word escaped my mouth, as I was entirely enjoying the view in front of me. It was a beach fully lighted to cover the darkness, a table was placed with two chairs and a candle on the top of the table. Rose petals were spread to make a path on the ground where I can walk on them. I was overwhelmed with happiness.

I have turning around to face him as he was behind me. With one knew planted firmly on the ground and his eyes holding mine captive, my hands flew to my mouth and I openly gaped at him. He was holding a bunch of roses in his hands and asked me to be his girlfriend. And I shook my head greedily as my acceptance for his question, he stood up and hugged me n gave me a kiss on my lips. Everything was going smooth and clean, it was a perfect day in my life.

And today he was cheating on my back. Everyone in the school warned me for his play boy character but I was very mad in his love that I didn't care or took serious about others word for dating him. And now I stood here on the side of a pavement and cursing my fate and life for what's all happening in my life. In the morning I missed a good friend and now two other people who I believed blindly in my life.

I was waiting for Hardik on the road not even stopping my sob for even a second. And I was not even in a place to understand why I was calling him, he was not even a close friend of mine. But I felt very secured and protected when he was always around me.

"The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones. They erode our strength, our self-esteem, our very foundation."

-Cheryl Hughes