Chapter 11: Kidnapped?

Well, since no one decided to be amazingly lovely people and comment~×~ I will dedicate this to my loving watty friend Breana. I love you lady*kisses her on the cheek* She is my amazingly awesome friend so of course she gets the shout out. Hmph! better luck next time, you meanies*pout*

Anyway, on with the story.

********

" Um, I hate to mess up such a lovely discussion but I am a girl." I raised my eyebrows up at them, daring them to contradict me. The mom did.

" Honey, a girl has a vaginal area, and sweetie, you don't." She had me there. I pouted, readying myself to fussily argue my case. However, like she could sense it, Hadie- the fake- pointed at my knee.

" Hayden, how'd you get that scar on your knee?" I looked at what she was indicating. A pale white scar marred the unsoiled skin of my left leg.

Huh, I don't remember getting that, I thought. But I felt the lie in my own words.

A fuzzy memory tickled the back of my mind. Something about a black car that seemed awfully similar to my Doll's Chevy Impala. I saw a tyke that looked like me felled and lying on the ground as the car loomed over her, its tire had skinned the adolescent's left leg at the knee.

I knew that kid had to be me. Who else could it be? It's not like I fantasized about little kids. I was not a pedophile, besides, I'm too cute to be that creepy. A creepy old person would be pedophiling about me, not the other way around.

" Batman ran me over with his Batmobile when I was a kid." I said in all seriousness.

" Hayden this isn't funny! I have a scar exactly like that on my right knee. I fell down the stairs of our old house," she explained, lifting her right pants leg to flash the exact replica of my scar on her right knee.

A shiver of apprehension tightened my facial expression, and suddenly it was hard to breathe. This evidence meant nothing. Absolutely nothing, it didn't matter that the scars matched perfectly down to the thinnest ridge. It totally didn't.

. . . I know I sound like I'm in denial. What can I say? When you begin to realize that for almost a decade your whole life has been a lie, you tend to want to dismiss all truths as downright dishonesty. I can't help it, I'm just original like that.

I glimpsed the parents nodding as a sideline image. I began to shake my head, back and forth as though I could toss the truth away like a frisbee and hope it didn't return as a boomerang.

" No... no, no, I d-don't believe you. I only have one mom. I'm a girl. My name's Hadie. My sister is Isabell. " I repeated the truths that I had always known as though they could shield me from something I was beginning to see as the cold truth. I felt it, deep inside where I had recognized her as my twin.

For once, I fully understood the phrase" The truth hurts more than a sweetened lie." I wasn't ready. Not ready at all for this. It was too much for me to comprehend. Honestly, my mind wasn't firing on all cylinders.

" Hayden, its alright. Everything's fine, just calm down." Her voice was a relaxer with her methodical way of speech. I'm sure she'd make a great psychologist.

However, she was being mendacious. Everything was NOT fine. It wasn't alright. And I wasn't calming down.

Why couldn't I breathe? Maybe I could breathe faster. This wasn't working. Was it the house? Did they not have the AC on? God, they really needed to turn the AC on. I should go outside.

I turned toward the entrance hallway, but I staggered. Why was the room spinning? I needed to get outside.

" Hayden, you need to calm down. You're having a panic attack." She stated but her voice seemed so far away. I needed to get outside.