Chap.5~ Guessing Games

I know he's here somewhere. I just have to find him.

I scanned the school parking lot with my tongue between my teeth. This may seem weird but it helps my concentration. You know the saying, do what works. Wonder where these old people come up with this stuff. Maybe they have a weird guide book that tells them what to say for a particular situation. Like when a girl's boyfriend wants to have sex with her, they say to her something like "If he wants the milk, he should buy the cow." Just think of how screwed up the girl is. Her grandma just called her a cow, albeit indirectly, but still.

Did I mention how stalker-crazy I get over someone I like? I mean, if it wasn't obvious in the fact that at the moment I was staring around for him after meeting him only a day ago. Has it only been a day? It feels so much longer. Maybe a week.

Anyway, Alex hadn't arrived yet and I was getting impatient. Getting? No, I was passed impatient.

"My toy isn't here yet. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner." I sniffled dramatically as I shuffled away. A hand jerked the back of my babydoll light blue blouse, causing me to fall clumsily onto my precious unscarred butt.

Oh nuh-uh! Somebody think they can go around pulling on my clothes and injurin my body and get away with it? I jumped to my feet, a mean frown flashing across my face before disappearing just as quickly when I laid eyes on my perfectly adorable boytoy.

"Alex,you're here! I thought I'd have to call the Coast guard." I jumped into his arms managing a crushing hug while kissing him on the cheek.

" Isn't Danesville too inland for the Coast Guard to be called?"

" No! You could've drowned in your bathtub." At his confused look, I became defensive. " What? It was a perfectly reasonable conclusion to draw." I pouted up at him. The confused look had melted away into a teasing smile.

Alex shook his head at me before placing me on my feet and stepping away.

"What am I gonna do with you?"

" Oh, that's an easy one. You can love me with hugs and kisses." I joked batting my eyelashes at him and making a kissy face.

"What if I don't want to?" He grew serious. I blinked up at him aghast. Who wouldn't want to love me? It just wasn't possible! I was the most lovable person in this world. How could he not.

That's it! This is mutiny. I knew they couldn't take being away from me without going a little insane but this was crazy. I could feel their piercing gazes stabbing at my back. Now they'd bring Alex to their side.! Probably through torture and other nefarious deeds. I had to save him before he was completely initiated.

" Don't worry Alex! I'll. save you from their brainwashing." I yelled before knocking into him hard enough for him to fall to the ground. Then I pulled out my coloring box and drew out three different colors. I began drawing squiggly lines all over his face.

"What are you doing?" he struggled, " Hadie! I was just kidding! Get off."

" Ssh, I'm almost done."

" With what?" A voice questioned from above.

"I'm drawing protective symbols on his face Jade. Do you mind?" I rolled my eyes at her stupidity. She didn't understand how magically indowed I was. What can I say? Its a gift. " There. Now you're fully protected from them." I sat up finally finished.

Alex looked up at me with one eyebrow raised, a half smile curling his lip.

" I was right." He didn't elaborate and I didn't ask.I leaned back so he could scoot from under me. I hadn't even noticed I'd been straddling him. Shows what I know when I'm having fun.