Chap. 4 Back to Hadie

Aww! Alex is just too adorable! I fan girl shrieked in my head. Outwardly I was the calm smiling student guide, but inside.. that's where the party starts. He just brought the girly out of me. Not that I'm not naturally that way, he just made me show it more out of myself like.

I just loved his hair! It was all fluffy and soft, I wonder if I touched it would it be as soft as it looks. I pondered that for a sec. Then decided I won't know if I don't try.

At the moment, Alex had glanced toward the cafeteria's double doors. The majority of Danesville's students interacted in that area. I never wanted to be there. It closely resembled a wild jungle. The freshmen scream like over hungry apes, the juniors grumble at the seniors. The seniors sit at the cluster at the tables set full center of the cafe. They normally lounged in their seats admiring themselves under the guise of the "Cool Kids" title.

I rolled my eyes, the sophmores were the only ones with some sense. Sighing, I then turned to Alex. He stares rather fiercely at something and I follow his gaze. Jasmine Martingale. The hottest, a man's misguided opinion, witch spelled with 'b' in school. Exscuse my french.

More importantly, his eyes roamed her exposed breasts. Yes exposed. That was way beyond the realm of cleavage, that was down right nasty.

My eyes widened as a disturbing thought penitrates my mind. What if he was into that stuff? I know I'm majorly hot and way better than that public toilet, but for cleavage, I was at a distinct disadvantage.

Clearly, I am not blessed in the chest department. My chest was as flat as a table top. I could be a boy for the amount of chest I had.

Better destract him before he gets a real eye full.

I ran my hand through his hair, from nape to his curly front. His reaction surprised me. As my hand went its course, a shudder rippled through Alex's body as if from an icy wind. A tiny sound escaped his parted lips before he viciously jerked from my grasp.

I gazed at my hand, shocked. I could make him have such a big reaction to such a tiny touch. I wonder what else I can do. I reached a hand out to touch him. And he made that same squeaking sound before backing down the hall.

Oh my... This is starting to be a large ball of fun. A grin smirked across my face and my vision became hazy.

I stalked toward him, my hand stretched out. He backed up from me, a true deer in headlights. Especially the wide hazel eyes that had no idea what to expect.

His eyes were shiny and tears gathered at the corners. I must say I'm surprised he wasn't calling for help. Or maybe biting his lip was slowing the process.

"Alex," I cooed low to him, knowing that everyone else was trapped in first period so no one would come. Especially since the rooms were sound proof. Weirdly enough." Alex, why are you running away? I only wanna touch you."

He shook his head and kept backing up. His lips pouted, he really looked close to tears. How adorable. Let's see what he does to this.

I stopped suddenly, noting the breathe of relief that fell from his lips. Doesn't he know not to judge a situation too fast? But whatever. I'll play nice for now. You can't push a toy too much, or it will break.

"Alex, seriously! Why are you running away? I need to show you where your classes are!" I tried to sound annoyed and like a normal person. I think it worked when the tension dropped from his shoulders.

"I don't really know." he said rather sheepishly. I giggle to myself, now he thinks he was over reacting. Well if he's not my boyfriend, at least he can be a toy.

I never knew a guy could have so many cute reactions. I can't wait to see more of them. I felt heat color and I giggled again, this time loud enough for him to hear.

" What?" he glanced at me, confused.

" Oh nothing." I couldn't say I was excited at the prospect of seeing more of his expressions now, could I? That'll make him run for the hills in a minute. We couldn't have that happen. I haven't had enough of him yet. " Nothing at all."

Alex's POV***

Wow. Hadie was really something. I've never met anyone who could scare the living crap out of me while turning me on simultaneously. The way she looked at me that time... My God!! She had me out of mind and scared stiff.

The darkening of her eyes from that beautiful sky blue to a periwinkle blue that could be purple had me frozen just as effectively as if I jumped into a frozen lake naked. Her stance had changed in that moment. She'd leaned forward slightly and advanced toward me with the wild grace of a jaguar.

My heart leaped to my throat and my blood went the other way. And how she spoke! Her voice lost the preppy cheerleader sound, growing husky and singsong-y.

Then like a switch had been flipped, she straightened and seemed annoyed that I ran away from her. Of course, this made me feel like an uber idiot for taking the situation like that.

I jerked as a splash of water coated my body in a muddy sludge. I look up to see the back of headlights turning the corner. Well isn't that just great? Soaking wet and dirty at the same time. And conveniently no one to blame but myself.

The sidewalk was painted with sludge and muck because of the mini storm during the school day. I wonder why I never noticed the noise. Probably because a certain person who's name starts with an H had me distracted the entire day.

I saw the house across the street, and shrugged over to it. One grave sigh and I turned the knob. It turns easily with a soft click. He's home.

" On your knees! You know where!" He shouted from his lounge on the couch I slowly made my way to where I knew he wanted me and bounced to my knees. I closed my eyes, hoping to ignore something that's happened since I was fostered to this family. Knowing that if you don't see it, means nothing.

**********:*****;***

So what do you think? was this long enough? Also what do you think of Hadie's dual persona? Tell me!!