in which paul receives a warning

A/N: You will be happy to know that I have rewritten three chapters of On Loving Paul [Extended Edition] :D it's coming along, slowly but surely

~~~

     Paul and John stared at George and Ringo for a long time after they were done telling their story, not quite sure how to react.

     "Would one of you please say something?" Ringo huffed.

     Paul blinked slowly. "So..when we..you know..you heard..?"

     "Yep," George and Ringo groaned in unison.

     "All the time," George sighed.

     "Everything," said Ringo.

     "And he means everything!" George nodded.

     "You're really loud, you know that?" Ringo sighed.

     "Seriously, how could you think that we wouldn't hear that?" George raised his eyebrows.

     "Yeah, so could you, like, do us a favor and quiet it down a bit?" Ringo said.

     John and Paul's faces both turned very red.

     George laughed. "It's okay, we'll forgive.. If you'll seriously quiet it down a bit that is," he said. "Can you do that for us? Promise?"

     "Yeah, yeah, yeah," John huffed. "We promise."

     "Thank god!!" Ringo exclaimed happily.

~~~

      The weeks that followed were not as awkward as one might imagine. In fact, they really weren't awkward at all. Paul, John, George, and Ringo all went about their lives as they normally would, the only difference was that Ringo and George knew that Paul and John were dating. And even that was normal! The only difference was actually that Paul and John knew that George and Ringo knew that Paul and John were dating.

     On the twenty fourth of May, in the very early hours of the morning, Paul stood in the kitchen thinking about everything he'd been through in the last four years. It felt so much short than that, more like four months. But it also felt like forty years.

     So much has happened. So wonderful things and terrible things and strange things and disturbing things. There had been so much drama and stress and worry and anxiety and paranoia, but also so much happiness and love and friendship and laughter.

     It was crazy to think about.

     "Hey, Paulie!!" came a familiar voice that Paul had known for just about as long as he's been back in the sixties.

     Paul looked up, grinning when he saw three people standing there. "Barney, Tessa, and...erm...sorry. Who are you?"

     There was a woman standing beside Tessa who was taller than her but had the same blue eyes. She smiled warmly and extended a hand. "Hello, Paul McCartney. It's so nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you, and I'm a huge fan. I'm Stephanie Todd, Tessa's older sister."

     "Oh," Paul grinned, reaching out and shaking Stephanie's outstretched hand. "It's nice to finally meet you, too."

     "Can I just say what an honor it is to have you on board our team?" Stephanie grinned.

     "Oh, thank you," Paul smiled. "I'm just really really glad that you're willing to help me still save John even if the F.H.O. and the Shadows and whoever else is taken down."

     "Of course," Stephanie nodded. "It's just kind of our way of saying thank you!"

     "So what brings you all here?" Paul asked.

     "Well, for one thing, I believe it's May twenty fourth? Which makes it four years since you first arrived back here in the sixties?" Barney smiled. "It's been two years since I met you, for me anyway."

      "Yep," Paul nodded. "It's crazy, isn't it?"

     "So crazy!" Barney agreed.

     "We're also here to warn you." Tessa said.

     "Warn me? Warn me about what?" Paul furrowed his brows. "Is everything okay?"

     "Everything is..fine," Stephanie said decidedly. "But you're not going to be hearing from us, not for a very long time."

     "Well, when she says very long she means not until sometime next year." Tessa said. "We're going underground, or undercover I suppose. It's a long story, we've got a chance to take the M.M.U. down."

     "And I'm going to be focused on getting some very important information from the files of the F.H.O. to the files of the Unknowables," Barney said. "And the F.H.O. thinks that you'll be okay on your own for a while now that you're really settled in and there's so much time until 1980."

     "Okay," Paul nodded. "Do what you have to do, I mean, whatever it takes to take down these organizations."

     "Exactly," Stephanie smiled. "I'm glad we're all on the same page."

     "Just one more thing," Tessa said. "We think the F.H.O. may be bringing in their Plan B sooner than we originally thought. Like...sometime next year?"

     "Next year?!" Paul's eyebrows shot up.

     "Yeah, some new information has come to light," Barney sighed. "We're really sorry, Paul."

     "No, it's fine," Paul shook his head. "Just..don't worry about me. Focus on whatever you need to do, I'll deal with whatever goes on here and I'll be fine, okay? Trust me, we can work it out. I know it."

     Barney, Tessa, and Stephanie all looked at him for a long time.

     Paul sighed. "That wasn't intentional," he said.

     The three of them burst into a hysterical fit of laughter, Barney nearly falling in the floor. Tessa had tears in her eyes she was laughing so hard.

      "Yeah, yeah, yeah," Paul rolled his eyes. "Laugh it up."

    Eventually they calmed down and told Paul to be careful and they said their goodbyes, and Paul had just remembered that he wanted to tell Barney and Tessa (and Stephanie) about Ringo and George figuring out that he and John were dating, but they were gone before he could even open his mouth.

~~~

A/N: Sorry it's short, next chapter will be more interesting I promise :) there's going to be another big jump in the next chapter though. We're headed into 1966!

I think the finished product of this book is going to end up being anywhere between like 55 chapters and 70 but that's kind of a wide difference and I'm still not positive yet ;)