Claimed

The media is what Jenna looks like.

Jenna's POV

I woke up to the blonde girl sitting in a chair next to my bed, reading a book. I tried to lift my head up a bit, but it hurt terribly. The girl must have realized I had woken up, because she dropped her book on a table by the bed.

"How are you feeling?" the girl asked.

"Pretty good, I guess. My head is really sore," I said.

"Ok. I'm Annabeth, by the way. Daughter of Athena."

"Jenna. I don't know who my parents are yet. Oh, and I'm immortal."

"You're immortal! Oh my god, I need to go tell Chiron! Come on, we need to go!"

"Ok." I stepped on to the cool, hardwood floor. I put on my shoes, and then we were off to see whoever Chiron was.

"Come on, he's this way," Annabeth said. We approached a centaur. I assumed that he was Chiron.

"Ah, Annabeth. Hello. Who is this?" Chiron said, glancing at me.

"I'm Jenna Atalanta. I'm an immortal demigod, but I don't know who my parents are. Not even my mortal parent," I said.

"Oh, well we will have to find out what makes you immortal. Maybe one of your parents was a god or goddess and the other was a demigod," Chiron said.

"I was born 2,000 years ago in Ancient Greece, if that helps," I said.

"Yes, it does. Maybe your parent will claim you tonight. We are having a campfire sing-along, led by the Apollo cabin, of course. Plus, the Hunters of Artemis are coming tonight with Artemis," Chiron said. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I spun around and came face to face with Elizabeth. We hugged and then she started asking me questions.

"You're all right! Do you know who your parent is yet?" she asked.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Chiron said, then he trotted away.

"No, I don't know who my parent is yet, but Chiron thinks they'll claim me tonight at the campfire," I said.

"Awesome! We should probably head to it now, it starts in 10 minutes. Plus, the claimings usually happen first," Elizabeth said. On the way to the campfire, we saw a few of Elizabeth's friends. She introduced me to them. Most of them were from her cabin, the Apollo cabin, but a few were from the Athena cabin and the Hermes cabin. There was one boy named Percy Jackson from the Poseidon cabin, and he was really cute. I thought that we would probably become quick friends. We sat down around the campfire, and soon everyone was there. A few minutes later, a few kids started pointing at me. Then more joined. Elizabeth looked at me and muttered "What the..." under her breath. I looked up and saw a silver bow and arrow floating above my head. I had been claimed, but I had no clue who claimed me. I heard a few kids whisper "but she's a maiden goddess" and "That's not possible." Chiron stood up and started talking.

"Jenna Atalanta has been claimed by Artemis," he said. A few kids gasped. More whispering. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I came face to face with a girl that looked like she was 12, with my dark brown hair and my blue-gray eyes. It had to be Artemis, my mom.

"I need to talk to you, Jenna. Follow me. Don't worry, you aren't in trouble," she said in a soft voice. I followed her, and I tried to ignore the staring and whispering behind me.