Chapter 14: The Date

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I'm Lucy. I should've introduced myself back there." I took a tiny step towards Rufus and simply waved. 

"Hi Lucy, are you one of Natsu's friends?" The question was so simple, yet I found myself stumped. Natsu and I are friends, but we aren't solitary friends. We were something more than that. We aren't friends with benefits, that's too intimate. We aren't dating either, which is what I'm hoping for in the future. 

"Yea," I said cheerfully. I showed a toothy grin as a friendly response. I could feel Natsu smile at my genuine reaction. I started pulling at the hem of my sweater due to my nervousness. Meeting people wasn't exactly my strong suit. Natsu then gave Rufus a look which made him smirk. It was like Morse code, something I couldn't understand. 

"Cool. Well I'll see you around Natsu. Have a good night Lucy." Rufus said politely as he returned to his post. I internally sighed out of relief. He was one of Natsu's friends, so it was important that he liked me. I'm such a worrywart. I swear one day it will drive me crazy. 

"Earth to Lucy, lets go!" Natsu waved his hands in front of my face to snap me out of me haze. I flinched and returned to reality. 

"Sorry, I just got a little distracted." Natsu smiled and pulled me out of the parking garage. We continued to walk to a destination I wasn't aware of. 

We soon arrived to a little restaurant located near the cinema called The Lucky Duckling. The appearance looked quite warm and peaceful. There were bonsai plants located outside of the door giving the restaurant a Japanese image. 

"Wow, it's so beautiful!" My mouth fell agape when I noticed the small coy pound located in the corner of the entrance. The two fish swam in slow circle, representing ying and yang. Natsu had run off to take to the hostess, but I continued to stare in awe of this restaurants appearance. 

I slightly jumped as I felt a hand lightly grab the side of my arm. 

"Come on Luce, I'm hungry!" Natsu whined as he pulled me towards the hostess. I smiled at his childish reaction, letting him tug me around. He pouted his lips making me melt. We were guided towards a table in the corner of the restaurant.

The room was pretty busy. People were eating, socializing, and laughing loudly. I liked the quaint area where our table was placed. There were candles placed on every table, creating a very romantic setting. Natsu pulled out my chair for me, being such a cute gentlemen. 

"Thank you," I replied to show my gratitude. We sat down and just began talking. We talked about everything from our childhood, to our favorite animals. I didn't really press him on his childhood because I knew it was a sensitive topic. 

His favorite color was red, he explained it as a fiery red. His favorite animal was a dragon. Even though they might not be real, his passion was cute. We ordered sushi, a favorite food that Natsu and I share in common. We both ordered California rolls, smiling from ear to ear. 

We were probably the loudest couple in restaurant. We kept receiving skeptical glances, scrutinizing  our youthful behavior. Though we didn't really care, we were just having fun. 

The sushi was amazing, and it wasn't that expensive either. After some arguing, Natsu finally convinced me that he was going to pay. I tried to leave the tip, but he refused. He didn't want me to pay a cent. He pouted his lips, which ultimately persuaded me. 

We then went to the movie. We saw a movie called Bright Stars. It was a romantic comedy with a hint of drama. There weren't that many people in the theatre, so we got to sit anywhere we wanted. 

Even though we literally just ate, Natsu bought a pail of popcorn. He bought it for us to share, but he mainly ate the buttered goodness. His stomach is like a pit, can never be filled.