Chapter 11

He couldn't find her to save his life. He looked everywhere for her. He walked to Phillip who had a girl hanging on him. "Have you seen Karen?" Phillip wasn't answering. It was way too loud in there and by the end of the night they will probably have a noise ordinance. Jimi trekked down the hallway once more, hoping something would change.

Something did change. As he was walking, he faintly heard crying. With the noise in the lobby masked, he followed the noise to a brown door at the end of the hall. He tried to open it, but it was locked. "Karen are you in there?"

No answer.

"Karen, please open up. We need to talk."

He heard thrashing. "What are you doing in there? Karen open the door." He commanded.

After a moment, the door unlocked, but nothing further. He opened the door to see the room a mess. A couch was tipped over, a mirror was shattered, a lamp was knocked down, and a tv was on the floor. He stopped walking, not knowing what to do.

"Well are you just going to stand there or say something, dammit?" Karen asked with her tear stained eyes.

He hated seeing her like this. Her beautiful brown eyes, were no longer beautiful; they were hurt.

He walked closer. "Yes. You misread what you saw back there."

"Oh did I? Because I saw you making out with your ex girlfriend who cheated on you! She hurt you so bad Jimi. How could you go back to him?"

"You still miss Andrew, how is that?" Jimi didn't mean for that question to come out of his mouth. "Karen, I'm--"

"No, save it Jimi. I get it. Go back to her, maybe she'll hurt you again. Ass." She was angry. She started to walk to the door, but she had to pass Jimi first.

He wouldn't let her leave. He put his arm out so she couldn't go. "You didn't see the whole thing. I tried pulling her off of me, but she's pretty damn strong. I never took my eyes off of you when she pushed me against the wall. That's when she knew something, so she kissed me and told me that if I still have a way with words, I would get my girl."

"Your girl?"

"Yes, the girl that I've been deeply in love with for as long as I can remember. She carries all the weight on her shoulders, never lets her guard down, is stubborn as hell, acts like one of the guys at times, but loves tv shows more than anything, loves cold pizza for breakfast, loves her family, and damn if I don't fall in love with her more and more each day."

Karen was motionless. She knew it was her and honestly, she was so happy that she couldn't contain herself.

"Now if only she'd say something back." Jimi said nervously, now that everything was out in the open.