Chapter 8

They finished at the studio and it was time to rehearse at the amphitheater. Keith met them there. They're doing select dates with him this summer. They rehearsed and had to get ready. The guys were done first. Twenty minutes before it was time for them to go on, the girls were finished. "It's about time. What takes you so long?" Jimi asked. "It takes talent to look this good." Karen said. "I highly doubt that." Jimi said making Karen blush. "Come on, before they start making out." Phillip said. Kimberly laughed, but Jimi and Karen blushed. They walked on stage. "How's everybody doing tonight?" Jimi yelled. The crowd roared. "Lord this is a big crowd tonight. It's gonna be great!" Phillip exclaimed. They sang their older songs, then newer songs, then it got to the one they did in the studio. "Okay guys, this song has never been sung live, so work with us here. We hope you like it." Karen said. Jimi and Karen walked to opposite sides of the stage while Phillip and Kimberly moved to the back. The song started and Karen started out, then Jimi chimed in. With each word, they grew closer and closer. The crowd was dead silent. It was almost hard to concentrate on anything else but them because it was so intense. You could feel the Sparks between them two. Karen finished it off and they just looked into each other's eyes when the lights went off. "Have a good night everybody!" Kimberly said. The crowd was still mesmerized. They didn't scream. It was still dead silent.