Chapter 7

Morning came and it was time to head to the studio before the concert tonight. He got in his truck and after a twenty minute drive, pulled into the parking lot. He walked in and was greeted by the others. They were all happy, but he could tell something was wrong with Karen. He pulled Kimberly aside. "What's wrong with Karen?" "I don't know, maybe you eating lunch with your ex." He sighed. "She dropped by unexpectedly and she was crying and I didn't know what to do, so I took her to lunch." "Tell that to her." "Wait, why does she care?" Jimi asked. "Come on J, you know why." She walked away. He walked over to Karen. She started walking away. He grabbed her arm. "What's wrong?" She just looked at him. "Come on, tell me what's wrong." "I saw you eating lunch yesterday with Katie." "And?" He asked. "She's your ex." "Exactly. She's my ex. Meaning in the past. Why would you care anyway?" "What happened between you two yesterday?" "That's none of your business." He said. She just looked down. "But since you want to know, she was standing at my doorstep crying that her boyfriend cheated on her and I didn't know what to do, so I just took her for lunch and she came back and we watched a movie and she left. That's it." Karen led a sigh of relief. "Are you okay now?" "Yes." She said and walked away.