Chapter Seven - reworked

Hazel stretched up against the warm body in bed with her, though the days were starting to warm up the nights were still cold. Thankfully it was Saturday and no one was waiting for her to get up or do anything. Reaching her arms over her head she stretched and instantly sneezed. The warm body rolled over at her disturbance and cuddled her back against him like he would a teddy bear.

She’d slept very well during the night, a deep peaceful and comfortable sleep. And she didn’t want to wake up.

“Breakfast?” the warm body asked just as his stomach rumbled loudly.

“Will the others be awake yet?” she asked, leaning forwards and pulling back the curtains to find the three beds all neatly made. “Oh.”

“You are more like me than you think.” Sirius laughed, “Come on let’s get dressed.”

Hazel nodded and swung her feet over the left while Sirius did the same to the right and then… “We’re not touching.” She gasped, spinning around to look at him on the other side of the bed. “I can shower!”

“Oh yeah.” He laughed, pulling on a jumper. “Can we go and get breakfast first though?”

It was on the tip of her tongue to tell him to fuck off, but she realised she kind of wanted to go to breakfast with him. “I need to get some clothes from my room, wait for me in the common room?”

“You’re going like that?” he smirked, eyeing her bare legs.

“I’ll run.” She laughed, sprinting from the room and over to the girl’s dorms.

Her entire body felt light as she ran up to her dorm and got washed and dressed as quickly as she could before running down to Sirius.

On the way down, she paused to readjust her shoe when she heard some other girls talking about her. She heard her name, Sirius and Stuck before her ear moved closer to the wooden door and the cackles beyond.

“She’s a frigid cow… he’d not be able to fuck her if he tried.”

“She’s beyond help, let’s face it. I mean just look at her hair.”

“He must be close to chewing his hand off.”

Her heart missed beats as her body took flight, is that what people thought?

“You okay?” Sirius asked as she stepped into the common room, a particularly nasty comment ringing in her ears. “Haze?”

“Fine.” She said, mentally shaking herself as she took his hand. “Breakfast?”

“You don’t need to hold my hand anymore.” He whispered as they stepped out of the portrait hole, “Unless you want to.”