Ch.20

OMG guys, it's been a whole month since I've updated; they're getting less frequent. I apologize to anyone reads this story. I'm so sorry about my lack of updating. 

I'm going to fast forward a bit, basically skipping the rest of the car ride. So they're in Mullingar at Niall's parents house. Enjoy lovelies!

Comment and Vote! 

Charlie's Pov

"Hi, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Horan." I greet then both with a large smile and a shake of both hands.

"Yes and you are?" Her hand holds mine as she looks at me. Her face is smeared with a fake smile and hatred in her eyes. Does this women hate me already? She doesn't even know my name.

"I'm Charlie." I tell her with the fake smile she threw me.

"Charlie? That's a lads name." The man speaks in disgust.

I cover up the hurt in my eyes, preparing a smart comeback. "Is that a problem?" I sass back with my hands crossed at my chest. Niall stands behind me shifting from one foot to the other.

"Mum, dad be nice." He pleads. "She's been through a lot." He tells them.

"Is this the girl you were stuck with for weeks?" Mr. Horan thrusts his thumb in my direction with a sneer on his face.

I look at them in disbelief and then I stare at Niall. He seems unfazed by their behavior. His parents knows he was kidnapped? Oh god, do they know it was by my mom and Will? My attention becomes focused on the surrounding area. They've probably lived here, in that house since they got married. They've never had a taste of the rough life. They've never had to beg for food and warmth from passing strangers. I place my hands behind my back as the begin to tighten into fists.  I just stare at them with my eyes in slits.

"What are you implying about me? You speak about me like I'm such a disgust. You don't know me! You know nothing!" My fist raises in the air ready to swing. Spit flies from my mouth landing on their shock faces.

Mr. Horan's hand goes to wipe the spit that landed by the side of his mouth. "You friend is quite wild Niall. Are you sure she's tamed?" He spits with his eyebrow raised.

"I'll show you who needs to be tamed." I seethe as I jut forward with my fist tight. 

Hands are wrapped around my waist pulling me further away from those sickening parents. I struggle in their hold. I probably look like some manic, but nobody disrespects me unless they can take say they've been through the same.  "Hey, hey." His Irish accent whispers in my ear.

"Don't hey me." I seethe.

"Don't let them get to you." The fake blonde lad tells me in my ear.

"I'm not staying here." I state to him, rubbing off his hands from my body. " I thought my parents were animals, but yours are savages. They know no love." I tell him. "They know no sympathy, compassion, nothing!" I shout at him. 

His hand grabs my forearm in a tight hold. "How do you know?" He questions me with an indescribable look in his sea, blue eyes.

"Their eyes." I spit as I unwrap my arm from his hold. "Eyes are the windows to the soul." 

My feet take off in a mad sprint. My shoes pounding against the pavement with my arms pumping. My vision blurs together as tears slowly falls from my eyes. Why am I crying? I wipe my eyes clean as I stop to catch my breathe. My hands rest on my knees as I get my breathing under control. Standing back up, my hands go behind my head hooked together as I continue walking. I have no idea where I'm going. The houses are run down and poverty stricken. The grass is brown and dead. My old shoes beat up the pothole filled road. 

My mind wonders to Niall's parents. Ugh! They're the savages, the monster. They don't know shit about me besides my name and that Niall and I were held hostage together. What was Niall thinking? What was he thinking taking me back to Mullingar? Wait...What was I thinking of letting him? God, Charlie you idiot! You imbecile! The palm of my hand smacks the middle of my forehead repeatedly. Smacking myself won't get rid of shit. 

My eyes open wide as I realize where I walked to. Where my feet brought me to. Noo... I can't be here. I can't be back here already. It hasn't been long enough. It's only been a short while since I stepped foot in there. My hands become sweaty and fidgety. I wipe them on my jeans as I slowly walk up the cracked sidewalk. I stop at the door, standing there as I stare at the old, dark wood that has cracks and lines all over the place. My hand steadily shakes as it goes for the rusting door knob. I take a deep breath as the door opens with a creak. I quickly step in as my eyes look ahead. I turn to shut the door, and I just stand there. I stand there as I figure out why the fuck I went here out of every where in Mullingar. 

"Welcome back Charlie." I say as my hand runs through my hair.