Younger Justice

Categories: Fluff/Team/Daddybats

A/N: This chapter was pretty much inspired by the photo.

***

12:00 am. 24 hours.

It happened over night. What ever "it" was anyway. The Justice League are still not entirely sure how it occurred.

7:00 am. 17 hours.

The Dark Knight awaited the team, but they didn't come. Not one of them. A bad thought seeped into his mind. There had to be something wrong. That, or Robin devised the whole thing as revenge for what happened last night... no, he thought, it couldn't be that.

He stormed into his ward's bedroom. The first thing he expected to see was the little bird still fast asleep. That was exactly what he found. However, the little bird was indeed little.

Under the the large blanket lay a small boy. Sound asleep was a much younger Dick Grayson.

"Dickie?" Batman spoke.
The boy shifted and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. His mouth widened and let out a yawn. He lifted his frame up and stared at the tall man.
"Tati?" The toddler asked.
That was definitely his son. Whenever Dick was tired or afraid, he called him Tati. He staggered back in surprise. He stuttered his words out. He told him to stay put whilst he went to investigate the other bedrooms.

It was just as expected. The other rooms weren't filled with sleeping teenagers. They were filled with toddlers. He hesitated at the last door. He gulped. As he was about to enter, there was a sneeze. It was quiet, but it was definitely there. He rushed in. Connor Kent was there. Perfectly fine but just like the others, he looked a little different.

***

7:15 am. 16 hours, 45 minutes.

He pulled them out of bed one by one. None of their clothes fitted them. He dressed them in one of their t-shirts which drowned them and a pair of shorts.

After a lot of bribing, the Dark Knight finally managed to get all the kids in the front room. He then called for back up.

***

8:00 am. 16 hours.

The Flash and Black Canary were the only ones available. The heroes didn't know what to do.

Sat along the couch were the Young Justice team. M'gann and Artemis were curled up next to each other, fast asleep. Kaldur was hoping to find treasure in his nose whilst Connor and Wally were fighting over the TV remote. They weren't interested in watching anything, they just wanted to play with it. Lastly, Dick was sat on the end quietly sucking his thumb.

They watched them like hawks. None of them knew what to do.
"What is going on?" Flash spoke, breaking the silence.
"I think I know," Batman replied, "the team were on a mission,"
"They were fighting the Joker right?" Black Canary said. "Didn't they say they lost consciousness for a few minutes?"
The Flash nodded. "Yeah! That must be it!"

The adults continued to talk. Meanwhile, a certain little bird watched their every move. His nose started to quiver and his eyes began to water. Then his bottom lip pouted out. He pulled out his thumb and burst into tears.

All attention was drawn to him. The Dark Knight pulled down his cowl and raced towards the toddler. He wasn't a hero anymore. He was a father.

Bruce picked up the Baby Wonder.
"Shh," he lightly bounced him. His monotone voice had gone.
"Tati!" Dick cried, resting his head on Bruce's shoulder.
Bruce surprised himself as he calmed him down. Parenting wasn't his strong point.