Babysitting

Categories: Fluff/Bromance/Young Robin

***

Roy Harper was not happy. He had been given the task of babysitting his two younger brothers. Dick Grayson and Wally West.

"It's only for half an hour." Oliver told him.
"This sucks! They always misbehave when they're with me!" Roy pleaded.
Oliver put his coat on. "We'll be back soon. I promise."

Back soon? Roy thought. He said that 3 hours ago.

Dick whined. "Roy! I'm bored!"
Roy sighed. He didn't look up from his phone. "Go play with Wally."
"Wally's not here though." Dick told him.

That got his attention. "What do you mean he's not here?"

"He snuck out ages ago. He didn't tell you?" Dick asked innocently.

"He snuck out! Of course he didn't tell me!" Roy grabbed the 11 year old's hand. "Where did he go?"

"Um - he said something about a video game." Dick replied.
Roy groaned. "Let's go find him."

***

He dragged Dick behind him. "Hurry up!"

"I'm tired! I don't wanna walk anymore."

Roy stopped and crouched down to his level. "Listen, we need to find Wally. The video game store is around the corner. Okay?"

Dick sniffled and nodded. Roy stood back up and continued walking. Oliver would never trust him again and Barry would kill him if he couldn't find him.

They finally got there after 10 minutes of frantically walking. It was the nearest one. There were four others in the city. Roy hopefully looked in. He wasn't surprised when he didn't find him. God knows where the kid is. He had only visited Star city a few times. He didn't know his way around. Why would he be able to find the store?

"Shit!" Roy shouted.
"Shit!" the little bird repeated.

Great. Now he's taught him a bad word.

Roy searched the city frantically. He looked in every shop and down every street. There was no sign of the small speedster.

Roy put his head in his hands. "We should go back."
"But we haven't found Wally yet! We can't!" Dick pleaded.
"I've searched everywhere Dickie! I can't find him!" Roy felt hopeless.
"What's that?" Dick asked.

Roy lifted his head up. He listened. It couldn't be? There was a faint crying sound coming from the nearest alley.

The alley was cold and damp. A lonely bin was up against the wall. Roy got closer.

"Wally?" he spoke.

A small boy stood up from behind the bin. His green eyes were tinged red.
Roy sighed with relief. They found him.

"Come here." he told him.

The 13 year old ran towards him. Roy wrapped his arms around him as Wally soaked his chest with tears.

"What were you thinking?"
"I'm sorry." Wally cried.
Roy held his hand and grabbed Dick's. "Let's get home."

"Wait!" Wally said. "Can we at least get the game I wanted?"

Roy smiled. "Sure."

***

Roy relaxed. Luckily, Oliver and the others hadn't returned. As long as the boys didn't say anything, he was safe and wouldn't be killed. Dick and Wally were on the couch playing the new game Wally bought. That would entertain them for a few more hours.

Roy's phone buzzed. No. He told himself. He put his phone on the side and ignored it. He walked over the couch and picked up a controller. Instead of texting, he should be spending time with his brothers. That - and the fact that he realised he should pay more attention to them. The last thing he needed was one of them disappearing again...