Chapter 3: Followed

Start from the beginning

"I am in deep shit." I heard him mumble beside me and I chuckled while ruffling his hair.

"That's alright. You'll live—somehow." I replied. "Alright, now let's go."

He shook his head and said, "Never mind, I'll just go back to the hotel. You know, exercise."

I raised an eyebrow at him and crossed my arms. I looked at him with mirth. "Exercise?"

"Yeah. Walking is good for your health, you know." He replied.

I laughed and dragged him to Aunt Emerald's house.

"No! I want to live!"

I rolled my eyes. "You're overreacting you know."

"Nothing is over if it's about protecting your own life."

How did I get him as a brother again?

By the time we got there, Aiden already calmed down but he still looks at me like I'm some sort of murderer or something. The lights are still on—which is unusual, considering it's already 11 in the evening and they usually turn off the lights by 10 PM.

I opened the door and stepped inside, Aiden following me from behind. Aunt Emerald is sitting on the couch with a magazine and sheets of paper and things used to draw all around her while Uncle Evan was sat across her with files and documents surrounded around him. Did I mention that Aunt Emerald is a fashion designer and Uncle Evan is a famous world known businessman? Oh yeah. I didn't.

Aunt Emerald looked up and looked at us with a smile, but I can see curiosity burning through her eyes.

"Good evening, Amber. Who's your friend?" She asked and looked at Aiden, then looked at me.

"Auntie, this is not my friend. This is my twin brother, Aiden. He's wearing a disguise just like me so that people won't recognize him." I explained and Aunt Emerald's eyes widened while Uncle Evan's head snapped up to look at Aiden.

"Aiden? You mean, your brother and my nephew?" She asked and I rolled my eyes at her dramatic response.

"Yes auntie, that is he."

She stood up and went towards Aiden, pulling him in for a hug.

"Aiden, dear. It's been a long time! Do you mind if you remove your disguise? I want to see how you look by now." She said as they pulled away and Aiden obediently obliged.

Aiden took off his disguise and smiled at her. She smiled widely and faced to look at me. "You too, dear." She told me and I quickly removed my disguise.

She backed away with a smile on her face, clasped her hands together and a sigh escaped her lips. "You're such a handsome young man, Aiden." She remarked while Aiden just chuckled. Uncle Evan stood up and pulled Aiden in for a hug.

"Aiden, my boy! How have you been? Where's Zyljan?" He asked and me and Aiden looked at each other.

"Long story." We said in unison and they smiled.

"Well dear, you can sleep in the next guest room beside Amber's room." Aunt Emerald told him, but he just smiled and said, "It's fine, Auntie. I can just sleep next to Amber. I miss sleeping next her anyway. She's been gone for two years."

Ew, he's being clingy.

Auntie nodded with a smile and said, "Very well, then. You and Amber can go greet your cousins. They're both in the art room probably working on one of their masterpiece."