Chapter 3: Followed

Start from the beginning

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked as if it was the most obvious question to ask in the whole world.

"There's something that called home, you know. Ever heard of it?" I asked with a smug look on my face and ripped my arm from his grasp.

"Touché, my dear cousin. Touché." He replied with a smirk and I rolled my eyes. That's when I noticed that Aiden has been awfully quiet in this little encounter of ours.

I walked towards him and nudged him on his side, looking at him with a genuine smile plastered on my face. He looked at me with a sad smile, and that's when my smile immediately dropped.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concern lacing on my voice. He didn't answer and I looked at the others for some sort of explanation. They just shrugged and my gaze landed on Chase who was looking at Aiden with a curious look on his face.

I returned my gaze back to Aiden and I sighed when I saw his sad expression. "You guys can go back to where ever you came from. I'll just talk to Aiden and then he'll be back to where you guys are staying right now or he could just spend the night at Aunt Emerald's house if it's already really late." I ordered, and they nodded, sensing that I really have to talk to Aiden. Since they know Aiden and I are close, I'm their only chance of hoping to know what's bothering Aiden.

They started walking to where they came from and I looped my arms with his. We started walking and I heard a sigh escape from his lips.

"Claire broke up with me." He blurted out and I froze in my spot when those five simple words escaped his lips.

"What? Why?" I asked abruptly and he sighed again.

"I don't know. She just," He trailed off and heaved in a big sigh. "called me and said that we needed a break. I don't know what I did wrong." He said while running a hand through his hair.

"Well, she's stupid for leaving you. Who in their right mind would leave someone like you? I mean, you're sweet, caring, understanding, a total gentleman, handsome, smart, and is a total sweetheart. Any girl would be lucky to be yours. And besides, any girl would've killed to be in Claire's position. Let's just hope that she has a reasonable reason for leaving you. Cause if she don't, I'll tear her limb from limb and make her regret ever doing it." I said through gritted teeth and he seemed to notice this cause he chuckled and put a hand in my shoulder.

"Relax, sis." He replied with a smile while I just scoffed and crossed my arms.

"That Claire better have a reason by the time I get back to Detroit." I demanded and he chuckled. I looked at him sternly and slapped his arm.

"Stop chuckling! I don't want that Claire to break your heart." I reasoned and his chuckles became a full blown laughter.

"You really are something, Ams." He said in between laughter. I grunted and left him and his stupid laughter.

At least I'm trying to be a good sister and trying to help him with his problem.

"Can I spend the night in your room?" He asked as he caught up with me and put an arm around me. I looked at him from the side and shrugged.

"Depends." I simply replied and he groaned.

"Come on, Ams! I'm too tired to go back to our hotel. Can I just please spend the night in your room? Please?" He begged.

"You have feet for a reason, you know." I said and he frowned at me.

"Amber, please? I'll do anything you want." He said with a pout. I looked at him with a grin and by the time he realized what he said, I can tell he was starting to regret what he said.