ruby blue [america x reader]

you'd better stop

and try to think

look what you're doing

oh, ruby

§§§

They called her Ruby Blue. Famous for her red hair and blue eyes, sassy nature and her talent for wrapping boys around her finger. Until, she slipped a little. 

It all started when a certain blonde-haired American wandered into the bar she happened to be at that night. Most girls gaped as he made his way through the crowd to stop beside her, as she glanced at him sideways and half-lidded, forearms resting on the countertop. 

"Buy you a drink?"

At this, she blinked, blushing. Around her, many gaped. Ruby Blue turning Ruby Red? Unheard of. It was certain to be the talk of the small town the next day, perhaps within the night. Her throat dry, she managed to breathe out a few words.

"Ah. . . why not?"

Another collective gasp. She let boys get so close to her but never go so far as to spend money on her, which was strange as she could have raked in a whole lot of cash. 

"May I ask your name?" She then asked, regained composure. 

"Me? Alfred F. Jones, at your service!" He punctuated this with an easy grin. 

§§§

nobody cares anyway

if you play the painted lady

§§§

"Seems you're pretty popular here, hm?" He leaned in a little closer, reducing her back to choked, gasping-for-air state. 

"You could say that?" 

"Really? And what would your name be?" 

Someone called from the crowd with a laugh "Ruby Blue!" 

Another choked sound from her as she looked at the floor. 

§§§

you never get to

give it all you've got

cause you forgot

to take it to the top

oh ruby blue

§§§

She was increasingly reduced to mush as Alfred persisted with his questions, until his hand was resting on her waist and her face was all but on fire. 

"Your cheeks match your hair, Miss Ruby." She smiled wanly, shrugging at this point. "I hear you've never been heartbroken before." She looked up at this, blue eyes wide. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

He smirked at that.

"Maybe you'll experience it soon." He said simply, and the crowd around them watched it like it was a soap opera. A little fire lit in her stomach then. She was known as Ruby Blue. She wasn't going to let that name get trampled on. 

Breaking away from his grasp, she matched his smirk with one of her own, before kissing him squarely, whispering, "You wanna bet?"

Those that had gathered had their jaws on the floor by now. 

"There's the Ruby I was looking for."

"My name's not Ruby Blue. It's [f/n]. But only you can call me that."

§§§

look what you do,

oh ruby blue

§§§

--

listen to the song above right now it is the best thing ever i love it

also (this is not an oc) u are ruby blue !!! sorry i just had to add on some stuff so the name would make sense

also this was so fun to write

ok bye kiddos lysm

xx crescent