Chapter 3 - Parallel Orders from Parallel Worlds

Start from the beginning

Auronmar glanced at the ground before returning his sights to Gahn. “We possess a sword and a shield, then.”

“Against almost the entire demon race.” Gahn’s silver earrings flashed as he titled his head to the side. “Ya know, ya didn’t tell ya First Class what to do. Ya just dismissed out of vindictiveness towards Blethinette without even giving them any orders.”

Auronmar placed a hand under his chin. His other hand cradled the bent elbow. “I am aware of that, Gahn. You shall relay my order to them then. They are to pull out from earth and return to protect the castle. In the case of an invasion, protecting our human guests is our first priority.”

He whirled away from Gahn and began to walk towards the room’s straightaway exit, arms rigidly shifting by his sides. His long white coat sharply slashed the air with each of his quick strides.

“If she is killing them,” Auronmar softly said, eyes forward, “then those two may end up as one of the few remaining humans. Possibly the only ones.” Before his words echoed out of his lips, Gahn had already departed to carry out his orders.

As Auronmar paced to his quarters, several realms away in another space of existence, another conference was taking place. Though not parallel with the presence of time, it could be argued that the similar event had simultaneously occurred with the demon king’s own debriefing session.

Clamored entirely in silver, Blethinette’s war chamber was the opposite of her throne room. Floor to walls to ceiling, the shiny grey surface dominated. Even the furnishings, four large and long oval tables with hundreds of armless chairs, were silver. All the seats were taken, mostly by upper level demons.

They all faced to the end of the room where Blethinette sat on a lesser, silver version of her golden throne chair. She was upon a terrace that cascaded down with multiple stairs. A few steps below her seat were four smaller chairs. They were facing out and were two on each side, one chair per stair. Only half of them were occupied. One held Erian and the other Cerus.

The meeting had finally begun.

“My High Class Warriors.” Blethinette’s words rang clearly through the silence that had haunted the air for so long. “This mortal world has fallen and I have set sights upon our foe that resides in our home land. He who had held us back from what we wished most. He who will now fall.

“Unfortunately for you, my warriors, your Magika is not strong enough to detect his hidden fortress. Such is why I will have you remain here until his fall. My Commanders” –she mentioned towards Cerus and Erian with her hand– “shall be the ones to infiltrate and take down his castle. During their absence, you all shall aid me in the expansion of turning this mortal world into ours.

“I will Summon more of our home land until I completely turn this mortal waste into our second home. As I do so, I desire you to expand! Procreate! Reside! It is our world now and I need you to help in its total conversion! Such is your simple and exuberant orders!”

Her now loud voice harshly bounced in the room, matching the frantic gleam in her mismatched eyes. No one spoke, though, educated in the fact that their queen should heave her passion to their silence. She soon continued.

“Thus when our foe is brought down, we shall celebrate in our expanded home. We shall set up a prosperous land for only us. If any humans still remain in your wake as you settle in, kill them. It does not matter if they possess the essence of Magika. Strike them down, for this world is now the world of demons!”

As if on cue, the demons sitting by tables simultaneously rose, knowing the short war council had come to a close. The sessions were never meant for discussion. They only existed for orders to be given and acknowledged.