Prologue

Anahita

"Artemisia." The girl who came with Zerox, our emissary and swordsman whispered her name. Her face is full of bruises and her thin figure looks like strong wind may blow her away. Her lifeless sad eyes were looking everywhere under the strong gaze of my father, king Darius of Persia. But when her eyes suddenly met mine, I felt strange feeling that was too hard to explain at that moment.
My father granted Zerox's wish and allowed that girl with piercing dark green eyes to stay with him. After they left he looked lost in his own thoughts. Pobably thinking about that poor little girl and Zerox's sudden request to keep a Greek child in the palace of Persia. But he recovered when he sensed my curious stare and padded his lap for me to sit. Even in my father's warm embrace I couldn't forget those two green eyes of Artemisia.

"Princess Anahita!!" My handmaiden called me but I didn't even bothered to look back at her. Because ever since that Greek girl started training with Zerox I became more interested to watch them spar instead of studying with my scholars. Artemisia was always quiet and never showed any emotions but in the training room she tries her best to beat Zerox. Despite the difficulty of her beating a grown man trained in Persian military,I never lost faith in her and always prayed for her well being.

King Darius soon became aware of his princess's interest of sneeking in to the training room and he thought I wanted to learn from Zerox as well. He ordered him to teach me which I truly appreciated. Artemisia's skills were increasing day by day and my admiring feelings for her was becoming stronger and stronger.

Soon enough, She beated Persian's best swordsman, her teacher Zerox. And that day I recognized something was shining in her eyes. The flame of revenge, light of hatred. But it didn't change the electrifying sensation that run through my body whenever her eyes meet mine.

From that day 10 years have passed. She became the most favourite warrior of my father and earned her place by Persians. She killed many of our enemies to gain it. Artemisia became commander of our Persian fleet and she is now known by her intelligent strategies and unbeatable sword skills. That pitiful little Greek girl who came into the throne room shaking like a leaf with Zerox has long gone and here she is a beautiful, strong warrior acknowledged by all Persians standing next to me, making my heart flutter. In this many years I realized that strange feeling may have other name called 'love'. I love her. I never saw anyone besides her and always admired and cared about her whenever she defeat my father's enemy. During all these years my feelings didnt change as well as her lust for vengeance against the Greeks...