Chapter 25: Take What You Want

*Adam's pov

6 months later*

"You're what?!" I shouted. "Shhh Adam come on, I'm telling you first, I didn't want to do this in front of everyone, you deserve to know before them." Jesse said softly. "But Jesse come on!" I said quietly. "I need to do this Adam, don't make this harder than it has to be." He said. I sighed, "fine, when are you telling everyone?" I asked. "I can tell them now, they're all here." He said and we walked into the other room together.

"Hey guys I need to talk to you" Jesse said and I immediately went over to Lexi and sat with her. "What is it?" Mickey asked. The guys all looked at him, "well uh, I'm gonna take some time off." He said. "What no! Forget that! Why?" The guys yelled all at once making it hard to hear. "Listen I'm taking some time to explore some solo projects and stuff." Lexi looked at him and bit her lip, before getting up and walking away. "Lexi don't please" Jesse said and we looked at her, "I'll get her" I said going to follow. Jesse shook his head, "no let me I'm the one that hurt her, let them know my plan" he said and left following Lexi.

*Lexi's pov

I went outside and over to the memorial tree Adam and I planted for Mom in the yard. Tears fell silently and I wiped them away. "Lex" Jesse said coming up beside me. "I'm not leaving forever Lex, I'll be back and I'll be in touch the entire time. This isn't the end I'll always be there for you. You can call me anytime you want, I'll always answer for you" he said. I hugged him, "you better because I need to talk to you, you're the only one that knows..." I trailed off shaking my head. "Aside from Adam you are my best friend. I love the guys, but you're different in a good way, that's why I could tell you.." I said softly.

"Tell him what?" Adam asked coming up to us. I looked up at him, "Adam" I said softly. "Tell him what Lexi?" He asked again when I didn't answer. Jesse kissed my cheek, "tell him" he whispered in my ear hugging me before going back to see the guys.

I took a deep breath, "baby sit" I said softly. He looked at me confused but listened. "Do you remember when I had the flu about two months ago?" I asked looking at him. He nodded but stayed quiet. "It wasn't the flu. I was pregnant, about a month along at the time and I was scared to tell you I didn't know what I wanted and then when I figured it out, I miscarried. You were doing an interview in New York remember? And I didn't know what to do, I called Jesse and he came over and took care of me that weekend until he had to get you at the airport." I said finally slowing my speech. "Why didn't you just tell me?" He asked and I could tell he was upset. "I wanted to but I was scared, and then it happened and Sam asked what was wrong and why I was crying. And I told them it was the flu and to stay at a friends, luckily they both could stay at a friends for the weekend. We dropped them off and Jesse took me to the hospital." I said. He pulled me close, "I wish you had told me" he whispered. "I know I'm sorry. I wish I told you too" I said and laid my head on his shoulder. "Come on let's go back in there and deal with this record and say goodbye to Jesse the maroon 5 way" he said laughing. "What about Sam and Liza?" I asked. "Michael came by and took them for the weekend, he misses them and they wanna meet the new beau" he laughed. He helped me up and we went back inside to down a bottle or two of tequila and have some fun.

2 days later****

"Ugh" I groaned my head in the toilet. I puked again and finally slumped onto the floor, my back against the wall. "Alexis?" I heard Liza call out. "What is it hunny?" I asked "Michael is looking for you!" She said. I sighed, "tell him to come on up" I called out. I heard her run down the stairs and heard Michael's slow steps come up the stairs and into my room. "Lex?" He asked. "In here" I said weakly. He opened the door and stared at me. "Lex you okay?" Michael asked. "What's today?" I asked ignoring him, a sudden realization coming over me. "The 10th why?" He asked. I got up stumbling into my room and to my desk. I found my calendar after tearing through my drawers. I flipped to the month before and scanned it. I dropped it and fell to the floor. I looked up at Michael who was watching me, "Lexi what is it?" He asked worried. "Nothing." I said shaking my head. "Uhm, what did you wanna see me about?" I asked standing up. "Oh uh I want you to meet Aaron." He said smiling brightly again. "Oh!" I said, "of course! Let's go!" I linked arms with him and pulled him out of my room and downstairs.