Chapter 21: Woman

*Lexi's pov

"Adam I really don't want a big wedding, I mean we don't have time to plan it or to even have it. Besides I don't have family, I mean maybe just a small quick ceremony with your family and the guys" I said trying to convince him that a small wedding was best. "We can still have a small ceremony baby but it should be everything you dreamed." He said pushing my hair aside, it was long again and for the first time ever it felt nice. He kissed my exposed neck. "Baby I never thought I would date, let alone get married. I want something small baby, I mean with everything going on with Sam and then the voice schedule, and trying to get ready for tour and then being on the road, babe, there isn't time. I want to marry you now, I don't wanna wait over a year to do this. We can do a small ceremony in the yard and have dinner and just enjoy our family" I said putting my hands over his as he held my waist. "Okay Lexi that sounds perfect." Adam said pressing his lips against mine.

I looked at the clock hating knowing that in just a few minutes I would have to drag Adam to another interview before heading to the voice to film. I sighed, "come on babe, interview time" I said kissing him. "No!" He whined. I laughed, "come on, we'll talk about the wedding in the car." I said. He groaned but smirked and followed. "Okay so guest list, mom, Jim, Michael, Julia, Derrick, Sam, Liza, dad, James, Mickey, Jesse, Matt, Shawn" Adam said rambling off his family and the guys. "How about Blake, Miranda, Ceelo, Christina, Carson" I said. Adam nodded and headed toward NBC studios for his interview. "What about flowers?" He asked. I looked at him, "cherry blossoms, they're my favorite" I said smiling. "Cherry blossoms it is. What about the cake?" He asked. "Surprise me" I grinned knowing that's what he wanted. "Hmm maid of honor?" He asked. "Julia will be my matron of honor and Liza my bridesmaid." I said. Adam smiled, "Michael's my best man and Sam's a groomsmen" he said. "Perfect now just a date and dresses and tuxes. Oh and a JP" I said. "I got the tuxes, JP and cake" he said smiling. "How about before tour starts?" Adam asked. I looked at him thinking, "okay" I said and leaned over to kiss him as he parked.

"Come on Levine time to have a ton of questions thrown at you!" I laughed as we got out of the car. He wrapped his arm around me and I gladly got as close as I could get. We walked into the studio and we signed in and I went into assistant mode, making sure he had everything he needed and everyone who needed to know, knew we were here. Adam laughed as I finally sat next to him handing him a coffee, black and iced. "What?" I asked. "It's cute watching you run around. I don't know if I'm gonna like that once we're married." He said kissing me lightly. "Of course you will, cause you'd hate to have to find another personal assistant. And honestly you would still want to selfishly keep me on tour even though no one else gets to bring their girlfriends/wifes." I laughed. He nodded, "you're right that's why I'm keeping you on the payroll" he laughed again kissing me. "Mr. Levine, you're on" a man said walking into the dressing room. "Alright babe, have fun, I'll be waiting" I said giving him a kiss before he left.

I settled on to the couch as the interview started. It seemed to go on forever. They talked about the cd and the time we spent in Switzerland. Then they moved on to touring and the voice which, as I expected, led to the topic of his proposal on the first day of filming on the voice. "So Adam it seemed kind of sudden don't you think. I mean she's only 19, you have 7 years on her" Anderson, the interviewer, said. "Well I mean you're right, the age difference I'm sure is a problem with some people but my fans seem really supportive and my family loves her and when it comes right down to it, none of it matters because I love her and she loves me. And no it wasn't really sudden. She worked for us for about 6 months before we started dating. And we've been dating for 2 years already, I don't consider that sudden." Adam explained. "I see how does Alexis feel about that?" He asked. Adam took a sip of his coffee, "well I can't speak for her, I can only give my opinion. Personally I think she's okay with it, I mean she did say yes" Adam laughed. "You can ask her yourself she's back stage" he said taking another sip. "Oops sorry baby don't hate me! I love you!!" He laughed as Anderson asked for someone to hook up a mike to me and bring me out. I went out reluctantly. "Hey babe!" Adam said kissing me. "Hey" I said with a smile kissing him back. We sat on the couch and he pulled me close. "So Alexis, do you think this is a bit sudden, I mean you're only 19." "Well right to the point aren't we? Well no I don't think it is. I mean we when we first met it was strained, my past got in the way a lot, but the guys were really supportive and didn't push me to tell them anything. They are great friends. After a while it was so easy to trust them, at first it was just a job but they gained my trust and they became like family so when Adam asked me out I was able to say yes. Now two years later he's asked me to marry him and I am more than confident it is the right thing to do." I explained.

****

"What date babe?" Adam asked. "The weekend before tour" I said finally picking an actual date. "Perfect" Adam said kissing me. "Aww the love birds!" Blake cooed. I rolled my eyes, "have a good show babe, keep the bromance alive" I laughed kissing him. I sat in the audience and watched Adam work his magic each time he turned around. Finally blinds were finished and Adam was getting ready for battles and knockouts. That means I had 3 weeks to do invitations, figure out the food, and get a dress. Adam waved me down when Carson sent them on their way. "Come on let's meet the team!" He said laughing. I laughed and follow him, "hey guys!" Adam said as he went into the team rooms in the back. "Hey Adam!" Everyone said. "This is Alexis, my fiancé!" He said smiling. We mingled with everyone and talked about their performances. "You guys were amazing! You are definitely the strongest team!" I said

3 weeks later*

"Hey mom, yea oh um okay I'll tell Adam" I said hanging up the phone. "Adam?!" I called out. "In here baby" he said calling from the bedroom. I went upstairs and sat on the bed. "We need to talk" I said as I watched him fill the suitcase we were planning on using for our honeymoon. He stopped and sat next to me. "What's up?" He asked. "Sam's case is going to trial on Tuesday. We need to cancel our reservations and reschedule." I said. "That's fine babe, the ceremony is going to be amazing tomorrow night and honestly I know you want to be there for Sam as much as I want to be there." He said kissing me. "You're right, come on they should be here any minute, you're mom was almost here but she wanted to let us know as soon as she heard." I said and we went downstairs. The doorbell rang as soon as we were downstairs. "Hey guys!" I said welcoming my new family inside. Everyone was there expect Sam and Liza's dad, Jim. No one questioned it after Patsy glared at us. Clearly that was over. We all went into the back yard to wait for Shawn, he promised he would walk me down the aisle, so we could start the rehearsal. Shawn got there and we finally started.

"Come on Adam, time to go!" Michael said. "What? Go where?" He asked as he grabbed another beer. "Mom's remember? Liza, mom and Julia are staying here and Sam, Derrick, you and me are staying at moms. Bad luck to see the bride before the wedding." Michael said. "No way, I need my girl" Adam said hugging me tight. "I already tried that babe, mom said no way are you staying." I said kissing him. He sighed and we walked into the house hand in hand. "I love you baby girl" he said pushing me against the wall kissing me deeply. I pulled him close, my hands in his hair kissing him hard. "I love you too baby, so much" I said as we pulled away taking a breath. "I'll see you at the alter tomorrow" I said with a smile. "Let's go" mom said pulling him back. He resisted and pressed his forehead against mine. "I'll see you tomorrow mrs. Levine. Don't be late" he said kissing me lightly again before leaving.

*******

"Morning Mrs. Levine" Julia said waking me late in the morning. "Mmm what time is it?" I groaned. "11, mom has breakfast, you said you wanted your hair simple right? I was thinking curls and pulled up" Julia said. "Hmm just curls, I want my hair down, Adam likes it down" I said with a smile as I slipped out of bed. I grabbed my phone and went to have breakfast.

1:00***

Everyone was sitting outside in my yard, waiting for me. I bit my lip as Shawn took my arm, "Ready?" I looked at him nervously and nodded. The music started and I watched Liza and Julia walk down the steps and turn the corner toward the alter. After a minute the music changed and I looked at Shawn, and he just smiled and kissed my head, "relax Lex" he said. I smiled and we started toward the alter. My sundress blowed gently in the breeze as I looked into Adam's eyes as I got closer and closer. Tears welled in my eyes seeing all the people that love and care about me sitting in my yard. Shawn kissed my cheek and shook Adam's hand and joined our hands as he took his seat. The ceremony was short and sweet, exactly what I wanted. After what felt like forever we said I do and got a few pictures before going to the "dance floor" for our first dance.

Adam pulled me close and a faint click of a CD player turning on was heard. I looked at him wondering about the CD player when we had a band. I was about to ask when I heard the familiar beginning and the sweet sound of my husbands voice. I grinned as he twirled me around the makeshift floor dancing to "woman". "How are you feeling Mrs. Levine?" He asked kissing my neck. I smiled brightly, "I feel amazing baby," I said kissing him.

***

"So Mrs. Levine can I steal you from your husband?" Jesse asked. I laughed, "I guess" I said dramatically. We danced and I was passed around to all the guys in the family before finally landing back in Adam's arms. "Well husband, I'm tired, I didn't sleep well without you last night, care to make it up to me?" I said winking and kissing him softly. "Absolutely baby" he said pulling me close. We said goodnight to everyone and raced upstairs for our first night as husband and wife.