Chapter 11: Get Back In My Life

*Adam's pov

It's been 3 weeks since Alexis broke up with me. I've been miserable ever since. She even called the guys and told them to find a new photographer. The guys have tried everything to get me out of my slump but nothing worked, I cancelled interviews and postponed photo shoots. Shawn was pissed but would take it because my writing had never been better, I've written 3 songs, along with the music, since then. Finally I couldn't take it, I scrolled through my phone, a plan forming quickly in my head. "Hey Ryder, how is she?" I asked. She's gotten used to this, I've called her every day asking. "Miserable, she keeps playing 'story' and insisting this was for you. It's pathetic really." She explained. "Shit, can you help me with something?" I asked and she agreed after I explained what I had in mind. We met up 10 minutes later at Lexi's. She was my ticket to an open door.

"Lex, hey it's me, open up" she said knocking on the door. I gulped knowing she'd probably slam the door in my face as soon as she left. I hear sobs quietly ending and my heart broke. Lexi opened the door, "hey Ryd, I..." She stopped seeing me. "Ryd seriously! I trusted you!" She tried to shut the door but Ryder step forward and forced her way in shutting the door behind her. I was about to protest but I had to trust Ryder she was on my side. I sat on the steps, my guitar in my lap, and sighed waiting. I was about to give up and leave when Ryder came out, Lexi followed her out. Her eyes were red and tears stained her cheek. My heart literally broke for her. Ryder kissed my cheek, "good luck man, I'm pulling for ya" she said and skipped down the steps and to her car. "Hey" I said softly. "What Adam? Can't you just leave and make this easier" "Lexi please, just give me 5 minutes to make you understand. That's all I need" I begged taking her hand. She nodded and sat next to me.

I took a deep breath and started strumming my guitar. Before I started singing I looked into her eyes, "this is a new song ba.. Lex. I wrote it a few days ago." I said an started singing.

*You are relentless

I am defenceless

Why did you knock me down tonight?

You beat me senseless

I just don't get this

How many times do I have to try?

Your whisper, so clear

The world disappeared

I've fallen to the darkness

It's impossible to express

I move, confused

I'm wrapped up, I've sinned

So tired I'll never be free

Oh I don't fight the feeling

Get back in my life

Come knock on my door

What I'm looking for

I think you should know

You started a fire

Put me to the floor

Please don't resist anymore

I'll never leave you alone

Oh yeah

You reprimanded

You're so demanding

But I've got time

I don't mind at all

You're picture-perfect

Completely worth it

You've got my back against the wall

Yeah

Your whisper, so clear

The world disappeared

I've fallen to the darkness

It's impossible to express

I move, confused

I'm wrapped up, I've sinned

So tired I'll never be free, yeah

Oh I don't fight the feeling

Get back in my life

Come knock on my door

What I'm looking for

I think you should know

You started a fire

Put me to the floor

Please don't resist anymore

I'll never leave you alone

And can you feel it coming?

I'm screaming, scratching, crawling

And we know it 'cause I'm always

Coming back to you, coming back to you

And you know how much I miss it

And you know I can't resist it

See your lips and just come running

Right on back to you, right on back to you

Get back in my life

Come knock on my door

What I'm looking for

I think you should know

You started a fire

Put me to the floor

I can't do this anymore

I'll never leave you alone

Get back in my life

Ooooh come on now

Yeah

Oh

I'll never leave you alone *

I finished singing, I refused to look her in the eye the entire time, I was scared to see how she reacted. My hands shook as I set the guitar on the steps and looked up at her. "Was that about me?" She asked quietly. I bit my lip, "lemme explain Lex, yes it's about you, I don't know what made you think I could do this without you, but I can't. This is the first time I've left my house since you ran out of the restaurant. Ask the guys, ask Shawn, I'm lost without you. Don't you ever think you are not good enough for me, because you are the only thing I need." I said rushing it out. "Please Lexi I need you in my life, I don't feel complete without you" now I was begging. I've never begged for a girl, well at least not since Jane. God I'll feel so stupid if she still turns me down.

"Adam, but I'm ruining your career, that's not fair!" She said she was struggling. "Lexi please I don't care I would give it all up for you, I've never felt this way about anyone, not even Jane." I said just now coming to the realization, when she turned me down I moved on, I don't think I'd be able to do that with Lexi.

"Adam..." She hesitated.