Chapter 18: This Love

*Lexi's pov

The fans around us cheered loudly until Carson walked on stage preparing to start the show. "Let's go Levine" he yelled, "you can continue at break! Hurry up!" He yelled. Adam laughed and I kissed him again as he slipped past the screaming, excited fans, and down the stairs into his chair. He high-fived Blake and Ceelo and hugged Christina. My nervousness from earlier left when he joined me at my seat but it was back now. Being engaged helped, but I was still nervous to meet Blake, Ceelo, and Christina. I bit my lip and smiled as the lights lowered and the big red chairs turned. Adam grinned blowing a kiss and tried to focus but you could see the excitement bubbling inside him. I laughed blowing a kiss back and settled in my seat.

Blinds were officially the worst part of all of this. We sat through maybe 30 auditions before Carson announced lunch. I ran down the steps and into his arms as I approached his chair. "I love you future mrs. Levine" he grinned. I smirked and kissed him. "I love you too baby" I said and he slipped his arm around me. We walked off stage and into their dressing rooms. He grabbed his phone which was flashing like crazy and I pulled out mine. We looked at each other, "Shawn" we both said and laughed. I called him back and put it on speakerphone. "Hey Shawn what's up?" I questioned. "He proposed! In front of everyone?! It's all over the Internet already! His mom is pissed and is on her way..." Just then his mom walked in with his brother Michael, and Sam and Liza his half siblings. "Adam!" Liza yelled and ran to hug him. "Bye Shawn talk to you later" I said hanging up despite the fact he was still talking. Adam picked her up and spun her around. "Hey kiddo!" He said giving her a kiss. "Hey Sam" he said high-fiving him before getting a hug. He shook hands with Michael and turned to his mom. "Uh oh" Liza said and wiggled free of Adam's hold on her and slid down to the floor and ran out of the room with Sam and Michael. "Good luck" Michael yelled as he ran after them.

"Adam Noah Levine!" She started, "I swear I would know nothing about your life if I didn't go on YouTube!" She said. He hugged her, "oh that's not true I tell you everything" he said giving her a kiss. "Hi Alexis, how are you dear?" She said finally noticing me. "I'm fine Patsy how about you?" I asked. "Fine Hun thanks" she said and turned back to Adam. "You couldn't even tell me you were going to propose?!" She asked. He smirked, "you are horrible at keeping secrets you would've told her" he said. "Now how about we go out to dinner later, I have 45 minutes to eat something and deal with Shawn before he comes after me" he said. He picked up the phone in the room, "hey, yea are there 4 seats near Lexi?" He asked whoever answered. "Then move people my mom's here" he said. He laughed, "I thought so, thanks" he said and slipped his arm around me, "now go get those other knuckleheads and get something to eat. I'm having lunch with my fiancé and dealing with Shawn." He said and kissed his mom's cheek as we went to the cafeteria.

Adam motioned for me to sit on the couches when we entered as he went to grab coffees and lunch. I bit my lip and looked at him. "You'll be fine you only need to look out for Blake" he said laughed as he walked away. I stared and slowly made my way over to the couches. "Alexis right?" Christina said as I sat in a corner of the couch she was on. I nodded, "yep that's me" I said softly. "Christina" she said with a smile and extended her hand. I smiled "nice to meet you" I said as Ceelo joined us and I introduced myself. Blake finally came over and plopped down in the chair next to me. "Alexis! Hey girl! Adam hasn't shut up about you!" He said taking a swig of whatever was in his cup. "Hi Blake" I said shyly. "Damn your shy holy shit how did Adam put up with that?" He asked laughing. Adam finally came over and sat next to me his arm around me, "Blake quit messin' with Lexi, you're scaring her. Hell you're scaring me" he said and kissed me quickly handing me a coffee and a grilled chicken wrap. "So are you dealing with Shawn or me?" I asked in between bites. "Well you are my assistant" Adam started and I could hear him teasing me. "Hell no Adam grow a pair and handle that she isn't just your assistant anymore she's your fiancé so suck it up" Christina said. "Hell yes! Thank you Christina!" I said and we high-fived. "Wow I'm kidding xtina chill" he said sarcastically.

He pull out his phone and dialed Shawn's number, "put it on speaker" I said dying to hear this. "God between you and Lex I never get a word in!" Shawn said as he answered. "Listen Shawn what's wrong?" Adam asked. "You could've warned me! Listen I love Lexi she keeps you morons in line and makes my job easier cause you're actually writing and the songs are good! But come on you guys have a past with the paparazzi and they a gonna be all over you guys when you leave tonight, I could've helped had I known but you're screwed now" he explained. "Listen Shawn I'm stronger than you think, my past has proven that, the paparazzi can kiss my ass, I'm so tired of dealing with them I don't care anymore" I said finally speaking up. "Ha! That's my girl!" Adam said kissing me. "Bye Shawn!" We said and hung up.

"Not to be pushy but.." Blake started, "then shut up Blake" Adam said. "Well I'm offended you jackass!" He replied. Adam laughed and went over sitting on Blake's lap, "I love you man!" He said laughing. "I love you too little buddy" Blake said back. "I see how it is Adam!" I said mocking tears. "No baby!" Adam said pushing away from Blake but his grip was too tight, "no she can't ruin the bromance!" Blake said. I laughed as Adam broke free and clung to me. "I love you Lexi but ya know its Blake" he said laughing. I shook my head and we finished eating and laughing. I went back to my seat and found Patsy, Michael, Sam and Liza already sitting there. I sat next to Sam and Liza climbed onto my lap.

The rest of the blinds were long and tiring but it was fun hanging out with Adam's family, they felt like mine already. Finally Carson let everyone go for the day and I couldn't contain my excitement. I picked up Liza and we all made our way down to the chairs to meet up with Adam. "No! You found a new favorite?! No! You're mine!" He said grabbing Liza but she hugged me tighter as I held her. We laughed and he kissed us both. Come on ladies! Oh and Sam and Mike, let's jet!" He said as we all left.

Like Shawn predicted the paparazzi were surrounding the cars. Adam quickly unlocked the car and ushered Sam and Liza in and kissed his mom and Mike as they went to the other car. I tried to get in but they were everywhere Adam dragged me to his side and I climbed in and over to my seat. "Damn it!" He groaned. Finally he rolled down his window, "what?!" He groaned. "Did she say yes? We heard you proposed? What does you're mom think? Your siblings? The band? Will this change anything?" Adam was aggravated. "Listen well do and interview with all of you tomorrow we just want to celebrate tonight please!" I begged and after a lot of pleading they agreed. "Wow Lexi that was as good as Adam!" Liza said laughing. Sam was quiet and Adam watched him in the rear view mirror. We got out at the restaurant and I pulled Sam close as we walked in. "You okay Sam?" I whispered following Adam and Liza. "It's nothing," he said quietly. "You know you can tell me anything right?" I said. He shook his head, "mom always says not to talk about personal stuff with people other than family." He said softly. "I'm going to be family Sam, I think I count." I said standing off to the side while we waited for a table. "Not here Lexi, can we talk at home?" He said quietly. I hugged him, "sure thing" I said smiling. Our table was called and we had a fun relaxing dinner.