Chapter 13: Give A Little More

*Lexi's pov

"So this is what happened to our lead singer." I heard as I sleepily opened my eyes. I was on a lounge chair in the yard, Adam was behind me and the blanket was wrapped around us both. I looked toward the sound of the voice still talking though I had ignored most of the thought in trying to wake up. "...do it didn't you?" James asked as he approached us. I shook my head, "no we were writing" I said and tried to sit up but Adam held me down tightly. "Ugh Adam let go" I groaned. I was stiff and achy. "Hmmm? What? Oh hey James" he said and sat up releasing me. "Morning gorgeous" he said with a kiss. I smiled blushing some. "Come on" James said rolling his eyes, "we are in work mode and having breakfast" he said. We laughed softly and followed him inside, all the guys stared as we plopped down on the couch. Adam handed them the work we had from yesterday and the stuff we wrote during our.. Separation.

The guys looked over what we had, "this ones really good" Jesse said smiling. I looked over his shoulder, "really that one?" I asked shocked. "What you've spent so much time with Adam suddenly his work sucks?" He asked in a light cheery tone. "No that's not what I meant, I mean why this one?" I asked quietly. "Cause it's awesome!" He said. The guys agreed, "well then thank you" I said smiling and Adam realized which song it was. The guys looked confused, "Lex, what the hell are you talking about?" Matt asked saying what everyone was thinking. "I wrote it guys... Don't know nothing is my song, I wrote it when I...left... Adam" I said looking at them. Mickey laughed, "god you guys are so much like." We laughed and inhaled breakfast laughing and going over the songs. they agreed don't know nothing, runaway, misery, and never gonna leave this bed were definitely making the album. Get back in my life was still being tossed around. This album is going to be the best yet, and I was apart of it.

"So what does the happy couple have planned today and can we be obnoxious and join?" James asked as he stuffed another pancake in his mouth, I swear that was his eighth one. I had two and was ready to barf. "Well I don't know about Adam but I have got to get back into my routine, I need to do my yoga Madison is pissed I've been skipping" I said as I ate a strawberry. "Well then, I'll be joining my gorgeous girl in her yoga session, I refuse to be called a sissy! I will be able to do this!" Adam nearly yelled. I laughed and went to grab my mat from Adam and my room, along with my iPod.

The guys all followed us into the yard, I assumed to make fun of Adam as he continued to struggle with some of the forms. I had progressed into advanced yoga and Adam had yet to master some of the basics, which I found funny. I spread out my mat and started with my breathing exercises, this Adam had no trouble remembering. As I opened my eyes again to go into warrior pose I noticed the guys were actually being serious and were following me. I smiled some and slowly moved from the standard pose (cross cross) into downward facing dog resting there a moment before stretching my leg up behind me, holding it for a count of 10 and then stepping through my arms and coming up into warrior pose. The guys tried to follow, Jesse caught on quickly, as I thought he would; Adam had remembered this one and did it with ease; Mickey and Matt knocked into each other falling over. I stifled a laugh and looked at James, he was concentrating trying to remember everything I did. He was struggling with the balance and swift, gentle movements but he found the pose and stuck it. I smiled proud of them for at least trying and for not making fun of my therapy. The music relaxed me as I continued my routine, eventually the guys sat and watched because I had moved into my advanced poses and they were reluctant to continue. It was interesting to see them sitting so quietly watching. I finished with my breathing and looked at them, "namaste" I said quietly. Adam was used to this ritual and repeated it back, showing the guys it was polite to do so.

"Damn Lexi you do that daily?" James whined, "god that hurts!" He said and I helped him up, "sometimes twice. It gets easier though trust me I was just like you guys when I started." I said giggling. They laughed and stretched out, "Come on let's take in the culture!" Jesse said laughing and running inside to get dressed. We followed all interested in getting to know our surroundings.

4 months later*

"Lexi?" Adam whispered as we curled up in bed. "Yea babe?" I whispered back turning to face him, "this has been the best 11 months 3 weeks and 6 days of my life" he said softly smiling. "11 months, 3 weeks, 6 days?" I asked. He caressed my cheek, "I count the 3 weeks away from you because I still loved you and you clearly still loved me" he said kissing me. I kissed him back and pulled him close. "I love you Adam, you make me feel strong and safe, and I never want that to end." I said and he kissed me passionately. I kissed him back with all the passion and emotion in my heart. His hands slipped to my waist holding me close. I smiled my arms around his neck.

*Adam's pov

"I love you too Lexi. I'm glad I can do those things" I said kissing her. I slipped my hands under her shirt and her breath hitched. I stopped pulling my hands back. "Don't" she whispered. "I'm sorry Lex I won't..." "No don't pull away" she said quietly. I looked at her for a moment, and felt her hands on mine as she placed them back where they were. "Yes I'm sure" she said answering the question in my eyes. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her hard and long. She encouraged me and honestly I was going as far as she'd let me go. I slipped off her shirt, she pulled off mine, and we pulled each other close. She pushed down my pajama pants which shocked me but I grinned pushing down hers. Her bare skin pressed against mine and I craved all of her.

*Lexi's pov

We were so close, his skin warm against mine. I've never wanted anything more than this. We slipped out of our underwear which made it into the pile. My breath caught realizing what would happen, and I realized I wanted it to happen. I kissed him hard and begged him with my lips to continue, I want him, I needed him.

I woke up the sheet tangled around me and the light of the lamp shining around me. "Hmm Adam?" I asked. "Sorry baby, I was inspired." He said with a smile and a kiss. "Oh really?" I asked sitting up seeing the sheet across his lap. "Yea, wanna read it?" He asked and I nodded happily. "Stutter? I like it" I said. He grinned kissing me, "good it's about you" he said. I smirked and pulled him down over me picking up where we left off.