Chapter 14: Moves Like Jagger

*Adam's pov

There was a crash outside the room. I jumped and sat up startled. I looked over at Lexi, she had the sheet pulled around her and she was laying on her stomach, her bare back exposed. I grinned remembering last night. I slipped out of bed and pulled on my boxers slipping out of the room. "What the hell guys?!" I said in a shouted whisper so I wouldn't wake Lex. "It's Lexi's birthday stupid!" Mickey said as he walked past. "Yea I know that, but what the hell was the crash!" I asked looking for a real answer. "We got a special gift for her" Matt said walking past with a box. I eyed them curiously. What the hell really? We are almost always together what did they do? I wondered as James passed me, "Oh. My. God! Guys they finally did it!!!" He said eyeing me carefully. "What? Why would you say that?" I asked. "Look at you dude you are practically glowing!" Jesse teased. "Seriously a totally different vibe around you bro" he said. Lexi walked out, sheet still around her. She blushed, "oh god! I just heard Adam!" She said running back in slamming the door. The guys chuckled softly, "if nothing else, that gave it away" Mickey said.

I shook my head and went back into our room. Lexi was laying on her stomach face in the pillow. "Morning beautiful." I said kissing her. "Happy birthday" I said sitting beside her rubbing her back. "Mmm morning baby" she said kissing me back. "Thanks, happy one year" she said. I grinned, "happy one year baby" I said. I stopped rubbing her back and brush her hair out of her face. "No don't stop" she said and I kissed the base of her neck and straddled her rubbing her back again. She smiled, "mmm that feels good baby." I kissed her back running my tongue across her lightly eliciting a soft moan. "And she willllllll be looooooved..." She jumped grabbing her phone. "Hello?" She said overly excited knocking me off of her. "Damn Lex!" I said sitting up looking at her. She giggled some. "Thank you Madison, I know! It's been fun but being surrounded by guys for so long is crazy" she said laughing as I wrapped my arms around her. "Yea I know I am getting back into it, the guys are even joining me." She said. They talked for a few minutes before hanging up.

"Really babe you ditched me to talk to Madison?!" I teased. She nodded, "hell yes! I love you guys and all but serious that is the first phone call I've had in months! Madison had been on vacation and I've been busy and we've been playing phone tag for weeks!" She laughed. I pulled her down on the bed and kissed her. "Fair enough" I chuckled. "I got you some thing, well two things, a birthday present and an anniversary present, but I'll make the guys think my anniversary present is your birthday gift otherwise I'll never hear the end of it if they see this" I laughed getting the bag. "I got you something too" she said getting a bag as well. "You first!" She insisted. I rolled my eyes, and took the bag and opened it. "It's silly I know, guys aren't as sentimental as girls but you wouldn't let me go into any shop alone so it was harder to decide" she said as I pulled out a black book the front was a hand drawn picture, and at the top it said Maroon 5. I flipped through it, it had pictures from the it won't be soon before long tour, stupid things we've all said, random comments to pictures, scrap music sheets with songs I hated and never finished and it had several pictures of all of us since we've been here. Pictures of us hanging out, working, exploring everything. "Lexi this is..." I look at her, she was biting her lip, "perfect" I said. "This is a perfect gift" I said reassuring her, and I meant it. I had nothing like this, nothing I could flip through to remember all the fun we had, just the memories in my head. "Will you help me fill it in? It looks like there is still room" I said. She smiled and nodded kissing me.

"Now it's your turn, don't laugh, I honestly had no idea what to get you for you're birthday, and the guys were zero help" I laughed. She pulled out the paper and laughed some. "Lexi!" "Hey I didn't promise anything" she giggled pulling everything out. "You picked this all out?" She asked. I nodded, "you've been saying you should've brought some girly things to balance out all the guy shit" I said. She picked up the nail polish, make up and spa stuff. She leaned over and kissed me, "thank you baby, this is perfect." I kissed her back, "you don't think it's stupid?" I asked. She shook her head, "it's perfect really baby now I can have my own girl night and get away from the video games!" She said sounding excited. I chuckled some, "this is you're real anniversary gift" I said handing her a different bag. She pulled out a cd looking it over, "where did you find this!? I've been looking everywhere!" She said happily. "I found it after searching 30 websites, it's hard to find!" I laughed. "Yay I have new yoga music!" She laughed and set it aside going through the rest of the stuff. She pulled out a small box and eyed me carefully, she opened it and gasped. "Adam!" She said seeing the diamond necklace. "This is too much" she insisted, "no way" I said kissing her. She roll her eyes and pulled out another box. "Adam! Seriously! A pandora too? This is way too much" she said looking at me, "baby you deserve the best. Think of this as me making it up to you for having nothing for so many birthdays." She shook her head, "that wasn't your fault" she said. "I know. Come on just let me do this" I said kissing her. Finally she pulled out the dress and heels. "Adam Noah Levine!" She shouted "Alexis Marie Knight! Just accept it!" I said. She sighed, "what is this for?" She asked. "It's for tonight". I said and kissed her. "Now come on the guys are being extra quiet and it scares me" I said and she laughed with me as we pulled on some clothes.

*Lexi's pov

We smiled as we left the room arm and arm. We entered the living room and there was a table stretching across it. Several bags covered it, we looked around and the guys were standing in front of the kitchen island. "Surprise!" They yelled stepping aside. "Wow guys, is the mess my gift too?" I joked. There was a huge stack of blueberry pancakes, my favorite and judging on Adam's face his favorite too, a plate of bacon that could feed all of china!, and two huge pitchers of orange juice. It all looked so good until you saw the rest if the kitchen. There was flour everywhere, the sink was full of dishes. There was a broken egg on the floor along with tons of blueberries. I swear there was more food on the floor and everywhere else than on plates to be eaten. I laugh and hugged all of them, "thanks guys, but I'm not cleaning that up" I said as I grabbed a plate and filled it with pancakes, and bacon and got a glass of juice and headed out to the yard to relax. They all joined me and we loudly enjoyed breakfast.

"Okay you go do your yoga thing, we are gonna clean so we can start the day" Adam said kissing me. I grinned and grabbed my iPod and small speaker and my mat and set up in the yard. I went through my routine alone for the first time in about a year. I finished my routine and stretched my legs out. I looked through the kitchen and the guys seemed exhausted trying to clean up the flour. I leaned forward and grabbed my toes folding myself in half. I got back up and grabbed my stuff walking into the kitchen. "Wow guys, you didn't know flour turns pasty when wet huh?" I said looking around at the paste covering the floor, and cabinets. They laughed, "clearly" they answered. I sighed and helped them clean up.

I turned on the radio and we were dancing and messing around while we finish up. Jesse and I started dancing around cleaning up the counter. "You got some moves Lex!" Matt said coming up and dancing with me. "No way!" I laughed. Adam kissed me, "she's got the moves like Jagger!" Mickey laughed. "That would be an incredible song!" I shouted and slipped out of Adam's grasp. The guys laughed and followed me into the other room as we started shouting out ideas. I swear it was the fastest we've written a song so far. "Mickey you are an inspiration!" I laughed kissing his cheek. "Okay now you, missy, go into that bedroom take whatever you need to "make yourself beautiful" " Adam said making air quotes as he explained, "although you are already perfect, and get into that bathroom and prepare for an amazing night!" He finished kissing me. I smiled and got up doing as I was told.

Later that night*

"Babe come on! We're gonna be late!" Adam begged against the door. I opened the door, "god you're so impatient " I laughed and kissed him. "How do I look?" I asked spinning. "Wow baby, you look..." He grinned pulling me close. "Thanks babe, I think it's the dress you picked out" I smirked. I kissed him, "come on we're gonna be late" I teased as we walked out into the living room. "Damn Lex!" James said grinning. I laughed, "oh please! Come on let's go I've been slowly getting ready for what I've been told was going to be the best dinner ever!" I laughed