Hair

The color of my hair has always been my problem. I'm a leprechaun on St.Patrick's Day, I'm Rudolph the Red Headed Speedster on Christmas. It never helped that my name sounded like it came out of a H.G Wells book. When I became Kid Flash I was about to turn 13, and when I did what shocked me was that one morning a huge lock of my hair was blonde. No I didn't dye it back to its original color. I studied it for about 2 years while hiding it from everyone else. When I was 16 a couple of days after my birthday I noticed that Artemis the blonde of all blondes had a lock of vibrant red hair, but hidden.

"So, you do dye your hair?" I approached her one afternoon when everyone was out of the cave except the two of us. She gave me a look like I was crazy, then I pointed to the few strands of bright red hair she had.

"No. But what about you Mr. Red Hair Dye do you really have blonde hair?" She grabbed some of my blonde hair that I tried hiding.

"No! I would never! It just showed up a week after I turned 13! What about you, do you secretly have red hair and dye it blonde?"

"Didn't you hear my answer before I got it when I was 13, more or less 2 days afterward." She looked down, "i tried cutting it ,shaving it and chemically removing it. Nothing works! It won't go away until I die. My mom said that when you turn 13 you get a little bit of hair that matches your soul mate's I personally don't believe in that crap, so its just a burden I have to try to hide."

About a month later we kissed, admitted our feelings for each other and we truly believe we are soul mates. Years later we moved in with each other, went to college and quit the team. After college was over and we both had good paying jobs, we moved to a better home and I proposed to her. We are soul mates. We haven't seen the different colored hair since we both were 16.

By Jinxedpanda4Life

Have you guys ever heard of the myth where a lock of your hair turns a different color when you turn 13 because it matches your soul mate's hair color? I hadn't either until I read some Wally and Artemis fanfiction on FanFiction.net, I give credit to the person that wrote that piece for the story idea. Being the girl I am I obviously thought about it all night and thought it was the best idea for a story.