Different stories

"Wait!" I call out in the midst of our victory. "Artemis is missing. Where is she?"

GA looks at me apologetically and stands in front of me, putting his hands on my shoulders. "Wally, she wanted me to tell you ..."

But I wasn't listening. A deafening "no" was sounding in my head, blocking out all my other senses. Soon, I started saying it our loud. I sank to my knees, my tears revealing themselves. I never cry and Dick knew that, but this time I couldn't stop. I didn't want to. I wanted all my grief to wash away and never bother me again. But I knew that wasn't possible. Artemis had died alongside my heart and that wasn't a coincidence, she had stolen it. Nightwing knelt down beside me, he looked on the verge of tears, but of course, he wasn't crying. He didn't care about her that much. They were friends since five years ago, when she appeared in our lives.

I was supposed to get engaged to her! I was going to ask her tonight! I had it all planned out, I would call everyone to a meeting and I would escort her inside. She would be wearing the prettiest dress in the world that would make her look like a goddess. All the female super heroes would be jealous that they would never look as pretty as her. All the males would dream of being in my place as her boy friend. 

I would kneel and pull out a ring and say,

"People are not obejects so i cannot own you, but i want to keep you to myself, Im selfish that way. If there's one thing im sure of, its that i love you. Only idiots are sure of things but im an idiot. Im sure i love you." Then i would ask her the four words that would make her beautiful eyes light up even brighter.

The ring would be green with an arrow and lightning bolt. It was like a locket ring. You could open the top and inside the hidden compartment were written the words:

"-Who are you?-"

"That's beautiful, Wally," Said M'gann, smiling slightly as I made the connection from when Artemis and I first met.

"You mean, I said all that out loud!?!" I exclaimed.

GA and the others nodded. I would've been embarrassed except I was too sad.

"Wally, I - We have to tell you something." GA finally said after a long silence.

"I'm alive," I watched in shock like a deer in headlights as Artemis stepped out from behind a boulder. 

"You heard that whole thing?" I asked, blushing.

"Every word, and the answer is yes," she walked up to me.

"To what?" I asked stupidly. I was too mesmerized by how beautiful she looked in her costume. Forget the dress, she was beautiful enough as it is.

"To the four words that would make my beautiful eyes light up even brighter," she teased.

"You're mean," I pouted, forgetting about everyone around us, I ran up to her and lifted her up. She shrieked with laughter and leaned down to put her hands on my shoulders. I let her slide down slowly and when she was on the ground, I pulled her into a kiss. I heard her moan as I slithered my hand into her hair. She draped her arms around my shoulders and jumped. She straddled my hips with her legs and  I laughed into our kiss. I moved forward slowly until her back was pressed against a rock.

I let go of her hair and slid my hand down to her leg to support her weight. Then she used one of her hands and fisted it in my hair, then it was my turn to moan. I pulled her up higher and pulled away from our kiss. I buried my face in the crook of her neck and kissed her beautiful skin. I felt her neck vibrate against my forehead as she moaned once again while I licked the outline of her collarbone.

My ears were deaf to the sound of the applause in the background as I pressed  my ear to her chest in the area of her heart. She leaned down to rest he cheek against the top of my head and I smiled and looked up at her lovingly. Once again, she lean down and I caught her mouth with mine. Locking her lip with mine, pressing her head against mine.

And I knew, for sure, that this love would last. Only idiots are sure of things, but I'm an idiot.

I'm sure I love her, Artemis Crock.

A/N: The quote, "-People are not objects, so I cannot own you. But I want to keep you to myself, I'm selfish that way. If there is one thing I'm sure of, it's that I love. Only idiots are of things, but I'm an idiot. I'm sure I love you.-"  was made by Artemis2789, please do not use without permission from her.

Written by