Waiting for your trust

Artemis POV

I never told the team about my true parentage. Even when Conner and M'gann confessed their secrets, I always thought mine was worse than theirs. That the team would still treat me differently even though they didn't act that way towards Conner and M'gann. Well, I'm afraid to tell Wally especially. We began a relationship after that special kiss.

I'll never forget that kiss, the pressure of his lips against mine, him holding me in his arms, the way his grass green eyes looked at me. Like he would love me no matter what. At that moment, I was desperate to tell him, thinking that he wouldn't care with his lust filled eyes. But I still didn't. I chickened out.

We sat on the couch together, watching a movie in the cave. Wearing our normal everyday clothes, I leaned my head back against his shoulder and his arms hugging me and keeping me in place at the same time. I sat on his lap, his firm arms keeping me warm. Once in a while, he'd let go of one arm to turn my head and kiss my lips passionately or he'd kiss the top of my head and place butterfly like kisses on the back of my neck. His breath whisking against my exposed neck and me gasping every time he kissed me.

Over the past year, he had grown way taller than me, now he was a head taller than me. Finally, I was ready to tell him. To get it over with because I was convinced that he wouldn't stop loving me. I broke out of his arms and pulled him up and dragged him to my room. I let the movie keep playing and I closed my door silently. Leaving the lights off, I pushed him against my wall and kissed him.

"Will you always love me?" I asked when I pulled away.

"Of course," his green eyes glowed in my dark room.

"Even if I have a confession to make?" I said, uncertain.

"Definitely. I will always love you, no matter what, Artemis," he picked my hand and kissed it. Then he let go and caressed my chin, and kissed it.

"Um," I bit my lip, "my ... parents. They're...villains," I stopped, then gathered up the rest of my courage and said without pauses, "my whole family are villains. Jade is Cheshire, my dad is Sportsmaster and my mom is retired villain huntress."

After that I refused to look at him in the eye, until he said, "I know". I looked up at him in surprise with a confused look on my face and he explained. "Robin found out and told me. I never told anyone else, but I didn't want to tell you I knew because I wanted to know if you really trusted me with your darkest secret. Now, I know you trust me. I been waiting for this moment for years."

He knelt in front of me and opened a box. The light that slipped underneath my door reflected on a piece of silver. My eyes widened as he said, "Artemis Lian Crock. I needed your permission to ask this question for years, and your permission was when you made that confession, when you trusted me and I love you. Always have and always will, even if you say no to me. Will you marry m-" At that point I jumped on him, screaming yes. He stood, holding me in his arms and grinned. We laughed together as he and I let go of one arm so that he could put the ring on my finger. 

As we stepped outside, I could see that the ring had an arrow emblem and on the ring was written. 'You pierced an arrow though my heart the day I saw you' and I laughed. He chuckled and I leaned down to kiss him.

Written by