When I really needed you

"When I really needed you, were you there for me?" I looked at Wally.

"Of course, Artemis," he said.

"Liar." I whispered coldly.

~Flashback~

I needed him. For the first time, I needed him. I was breaking down. I was bare, breakable, and he wasn't there for me. Like he said he would. I twisted the promise ring he gave me off my finger and dropped it on the tiled floor. That ring came with the promise he swore to me. That he would be there when I needed him, in a flash.

You know why he wasn't there? Because I saw him with my sister, kissing. I clenched my fist in anger as tears washed on my cheeks. I didn't give them permission to, but they still drew on my skin. That's what I call vandalism. I shouldn't have been crying over that lying, cheating jerk. I genuinely loved him for two years, and he punched me in the face in two seconds.

It broke me. And he wasn't there to comfort me because he was off somewhere sucking off my sister's face. I ran. Somewhere where no one would find me so that I could be alone and isolated from civilization. I sat on the cold floor somewhere in the middle of nowhere and cried. My pride slipping away.

The next day, I woke with a terrible strain in my back and dried tears decorating my face. I hugged myself to keep warm and stood, my back groaning. I needed to get to the cave.

As I entered the cave, Robin looked up at me and was surprised to see my state. He started to say something but I cut him off by shaking my head. I entered my room and grabbed some clothes before taking a nice, warm shower. 

As I exited the washroom, I found a smiling Wally leaning against the wall when I opened the door. "Robin called," he explained, "he said you weren't looking too well."

"I'm fine," I answered, smiling.

"I know you're not. Artemis," he sighed, his smile dropping, "you know I'll be there when you need me."

"But you weren't."

"When was I not there for you?"

"When you were off eating my sister's face." I turned and walked away, my heart breaking as I replayed the scene of my sister and Wally kissing. And again, my love story ended with an unhappy ending, unlike any other girl in the world's story.