Chapter 20

Nate:
Today is Emma's birthday and she is turning 17. Where ever she is, I hope she's having fun. My sweet angel is missing and I can't find her. Today I'm spending her birthday with her parents and closest friends.

Everywhere I go I can hear her beautiful laugh and smell her sweet perfume she wears that I love.

"Nate are you ready?"

"Uh yea." I kissed a photo of Emma that I had from the photo booth put it back after I was done. "Happy 17th babe." I said quietly.

"Hey dude. You ok?" Gilinsky asked

"Yea."

"You sure?"

"Yea. Let's just go."

"Ok." I walked down the stairs when I got a text.

I looked at the the phone screen and had a confused look on my face.

"Hi Nate. It's Emma. This isn't my phone but I just wanted to say hi and I missed you and everyone. And tell everyone I said hi. Love you and tell my mom that I love her."

"Happy birthday babe. I'm so happy your alive. Who has you? Where are you? How do I even know it's you? Tell me a secret only u and I know."

"U and I were in my house watching tv and when we were watching a movie u told me that u cried while watching The Notebook."

"Emma it is you. I love you. Where r u?"

"Sorry I have to go. Bye love u 2."

It was the first time in forever that I talked to Emma. I ran down stairs to where her parents were and told them the good news.

"Emma's alive. Emma's alive." I said happily.

"How do you know?" Sofie said.

"Because she just texted me. She said hi to everyone."

"But how do you know it's Emma and not just some creep who has her?" Emma's dad asked.

"I asked her to tell me a secret only her and I know and she did." I can't believe it. She's alive. I have to break up with Lola now. Emma can't possibly know that Lola and I were a thing in the past.

"Well where is she?" Her father questioned.

"She had to leave. But all I know is that she's not in the area."